Our wedding day- January 1, 1999
Our first anniversary- January 1, 2000January 1st, Dustin and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary!One of the benefits of having our anniversary on New Year's day is that Dustin never has to work since it's a holiday! We'll usually celebrate Madison's birthday or take down Christmas decorations but this year we just had a really GREAT day together...no work, all play!
We lounged in bed until 9:00 which is always nice but we did have Scott in bed with us and when he spilled an almost empty can of cherry 7-up on my pillow it was time to roll out of bed. After we got up we went out for a run together which we both have been too busy to do since our Santa Run so that was a nice way to start the day. We ate a late lunch at Memphis BBQ with Kris, Riley, Tyler and Christina, Kourtney, and all the little kiddies. Yummm!!!Kris offered to have our kids for a sleep-over(thank you!) so we could go out for our anniversary so we went to a movie(rare) We saw Juno and both LOVED it! I laughed AND cried through nearly the entire show. It was very touching and I'm so glad we got to see it. After the movie we were still full from lunch so we skipped dinner and just had some frozen custard at Neilsen's. We always have so much fun together and it was a really nice anniversary.
Dustin gave me a really nice, UNIQUE ring for my anniversary present, I really love it and even more I just love that he put a lot of thought and effort into it. I'm so grateful for Dustin and I feel so lucky that we get to go through life together. Happy anniversary!
11 comments:
Wow!!!! You two look so darn young in those pics (oh yeah, that was 9 years ago! You WERE young!!! lol)
Time flies, huh?!
Love you guys!!! I have the best kids/in-law kids/grandkids in the world!!
Leah, I am always thankful that you found the perfect mate for you. I have always said that Dustin was made for you. Of course, you have always known that.
Oh my gosh those pics are so crazy! You guys look soooo young! Funny!!!
I love what Dustin got you. Good for him (and you!)!
I loved seeing that wedding picture in black and white. That was cool. You two make a great couple and congradulations on 9 years. Here's to many more!
Now that I get where Dustin was coming from with that ring, that was a neat gift.
Love you guys!
Can I also say, you two were cute then, but I must say you are improving with age!!
Cute pictures. Doesn't it bring back some good memories! Happy Anniversary!
I've been meaning to comment on this even though I talked to you about it in person.
Cute pictures, you two do make an adorable couple and the off spring aren't to shabby either!!!
Oh, so sweet! Congratulations!
Funny, I didn't think so at the time, but I have to agree with Dad-You guys look YOUNG! Not that you look much older now, but you REALLY look young there! 9 years. Crazy how time flies!
Wow, I'm catching up on posts & I love this one! I totally remember that day 9 years ago...AND, you two do look young--adorable, but young. And I also remember being REALLY pregnant with Sydney at your wedding (4 days before I had her!). Glad you had such a great anniversary!
9 years..holy cow!! Sorry I have been slacking in the blogging depatment....I've missed a lot
Post a Comment