Monday, January 28, 2008

Don't get too close, you might catch something!!!

WHO: Madison
ILL SINCE: Saturday night
SYMPTOMS: sore throat, vomiting, high fever, dry cough, head-ache, chills, incoherence.
DIAGNOSIS: Influenza type A
TREATMENT: Motrin, Tylenol, plenty of fluids and rest. Relenza(a prescription that was supposed to be taken within 48 hours after the first sign of symptoms except that all the pharmacy's don't carry it, but I'm not bitter or anything!!!!)
WHO: Karley
ILL SINCE: Thursday
SYMPTOMS: Sore throat, high fever, headache, red bumpy rash, dry cough, chills, agonizing pain in ear.
DIAGNOSIS: Ruptured ear drum, possible FLU exposure.
TREATMENT: Plenty of rest, fluids, Motrin, Tylenol, a shot in both bum cheeks, ear drops to numb the pain.

WHO: Paige
ILL SINCE: Thursday morning
SYMPTOMS: High fever, runny nose, dry cough, sore throat, headache, bellyache, irritability.
DIAGNOSIS: cold, possible FLU
TREATMENT: Rest, plenty of liquids, yummy orange medicine(children's Motrin), Tylenol.

WHO: Scott
ILL SINCE: Thursday morning
SYMPTOMS: High Fever, ear-ache, diarrhea, lethargy, dry cough, vomiting, irritability, shortness of breath
DIAGNOSIS: cold, possible FLU, keep watch for signs of pneumonia.
TREATMENT: Plenty of rest, Tylenol, Motrin, plenty of fluids, tons of TLC.


WHO: Dustin and Leah
Not ILL yet, thank goodness!
SYMPTOMS: exhaustion, irritability, cabin fever, no money, sleeplessness, empathy, restlessness.
DIAGNOSIS: Four sick kids all at the same time!!!
TREATMENT: Plenty of THANKFULNESS that it's not worse and that we've been blessed with four little ones to look after and take care of.
Tons of HOPE that every one will feel better really, really soon(and can go back to school!)
A heaping dose of GRATITUDE for such a supportive group of friends and family that take care of us and worry along side of us.
PEACE that everything and every one is going to be JUST FINE!
and for extra measure, a SENSE OF HUMOR and LAUGHTER, always the best medicine!!!

17 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

If I am the first commenter that may put me a little close to the germs, but I am willing to risk it.

What a cute bunch of droolers. Don't your kids know how to swallow?

I sure love this little group of sickies.

Tyler said...

Would spanking them help them get any better? It's seemed to work for Kiersten, who had a lot of those same symptoms all weekend. After a weekend of trying to spank the sickness out of her, we went to the doc today and he said she may have has rosacia. Yeah, good times! Get about 40 gallons of orange juice or Airborne and just spray the whole house down!!!!

By the way, for all those of you who can't take a joke, I wasn't spanking my daughter for being sick. I was spanking her for crying about being sick!!!

Erin said...

There ya go Tyler, GIVE that girl something to cry about!

Oh Leah, I'm so so so sorry you are dealing with 4 sickies all at once!!! Did you at least make 1 group trip to the doctor? The worst is having to make separate trips for everyone! How on earth did Karley's eardrum rupture?! That sounds soooooo painful. Just thinking about the cost for dr appts, prescriptions, and all the Motrin & Tylenol makes me cringe. And I'm guessing your nights are being interrupted multiple times. Good luck--to you & Dustin especially! Keep pumping the Airborne (and maybe some Red Bull too since I'm sure you're exhausted!) so you don't catch the buggies too. Yuck!!!!

Rachel B. said...

So sad! That has got to be so hard to take care of all 4 being sick. I whine about taking care of one! Hope everybody gets better super quick!

Kathy said...

I'm SO sorry to hear bout all your sick kids. that's just the worst!!
I hope they all get better soon. How do they all manage to be so beautiful, even when they're miserable?

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Oh my goodness! Well, maybe since they're all sick at the same time they'll all get better at the same time and not just keep passing it from one to the other.

Bless their hearts (and yours!)!

Get well soon ka-diddles!!

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

How sad....I hope everyone feels better soon....and Karley I feel your pain I spent most of my childhood with rupture eardrums...I think they were ruptured more than they were healthy....my doctors now say its a miracle I'm not deaf with all the scar tissue I have on them

Kris said...

Hang in there you two, your doing a good job. I can't remember all of them being so sick at the same time before. I feel their pain. Madison and Karley have always had perfect attendance at school. Love you guys!!

Beth said...

Wow, this stinks. Flu is AWFUL. got the flu about 4 or 5 years ago. I thought I'd have to die to feel better. I was fortunate enough to get to the dr. early on and got some Tamiflu (maybe it's the same stuff) and it really worked. It would have been worth a trip around town to find someone who had it. I had a couple of really rough days. I hope they are all better soon.

Jerolyn said...

Erin called me and told me to check your blog and I must say I was like ohhhh,
oh no,
uh oh,
oh geez. Poor little kiddies. They look like they are just miserable. The look on Dustin's face is like OH MAN this blows! Hang in there and try not to catch any or all of what they have!

Amber said...

This really stinks! I am so sorry. Get them better so they can get back to school.

Crew's pink eye is good...so call me if you need help.

Kourtney said...

That sucks so bad! I hate it when my kids are sick because they are so uncomfortable. I can't imagine having 4 sick ones to deal with. Did you set up a nurses station so you can dispense meds and chart too?? Haha! The pics are so cute! Tell them I hope they feel better soon!!!

Kris said...

Can I just add: wish I looked as cute and adorable as your four when I was sick!

RuthieB277 said...

Wow, Dad had the same flu at the same time! No wonder everyone was out of commission! YIKES!

Andy said...

Let me just throw it out there, since no one else has: I love it when my kids are sick. Then the"re only going at 30 mph instead of 60 mph. This fat boy can then catch up.

Grandma & Grandpa D. said...

Oh my goodness. All four kids sick at once. Poor kiddies. Poor Dustin and Leah. Hope everybody gets well soon (and that mom and dad stay well). Love ya.

Sara said...

you guys are super heros! can i bring in dinner?