Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Our Year in Review

I thought this was a neat way to capture 2007 and since Dustin was a willing participant, I decided to post it!! Sorry it took me so long!!!

What did you do in 2007 that you've never done before?

Dustin-Havasupai.
Leah- I ran my first 5k.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions for 2007, will you make more for next year?

Dustin-Didn't make any and probably won't this year.
Leah-Some and yes, I'm always trying to improve myself.

Did any one close to you give birth?

Dustin-Yes? Kourtney did, right? Brandon did, right? Tyler did, right?
Leah-Kourtney, Christina, Anneke, Becky, Lizzie.

Did any one close to you die?

Dustin-I don't think.
Leah-My mom's cousin, Vicki, but we weren't close.

What countries did you visit?

Dustin-none
Leah-Stayed here in the good ol' U.S.

What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

D-More money and only one house.
L-one mortgage payment.

What date from 2007 do you have etched in your memory? why?

D- no specific day... my birthday? because I turned a year older.
L-August 5th the day of Karley's baptism.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

D-Hiking Havasupai
L-running the 5k and getting almost every room in my house painted.

What was your biggest failure?

D-not getting my bug running.
L-not being able to lose that last bit of baby weight, oh well, maybe next year.

Did you suffer illness or injury?

D-a couple of beat up fingers from work.
L-I found out I have an eye condition that could cause me to go blind if I don't get it under control. I am no longer a "good candidate" for lasik, which I had planned to get when I turned 30.

What was the best thing you bought?

D-suburban
L- our "burbie" our best buy of the year!

Where did most of your money go?

D-into two damn houses and freakin' bull crap that I don't care about.
L-dental bills and two houses.

What did you really, really, really get excited about?

D-camping at the beach
L-Any trip out of town, camping at Mt. Charleston, and going camping at the beach, Brandon's wedding. Hannah's home-coming, visits from my sisters.

What song will always remind you of 2007?

D-I listened to Chiodos the whole year.
L-bittersweet symphony -the verve... story of my year!

Compared to this time last year are you more happier, richer, nicer?

D-NO, hell no, poorer if anything, No, probably not.
L-appreciative, not richer but wiser, and I hope so.

What do you wish you'd done more of?

D-run and probably scouting stuff, playing my drums and yard work and house work and side jobs, money making side jobs, I should say!
L- Relaxed

What do you wish you'd done less of?

D-drink beer, Just Kidding! ...working
L- worrying

How did you spend Christmas?

D-Just here, right?
L-Cooking, spending time with family, enjoying the day

Did you fall in love in 2007?

D-with my "burbie"!!!
L-With my family, even more and my life, even the hard parts!

What was your favorite TV program?

D-The Office, My Name is Earl, any UFC anything
L-The Office, no doubt, which provided us with much needed comic relief, thanks Andy!

Do you hate any one that you didn't hate last year?

D-Hate is a pretty strong freakin' word, I don't like a lot of people
L- I don't hate any one

What was the best book you've read?

D-YOU, the owners manual, still haven't finished it.
L-Started the Bible and still working on it.

What was your greatest musical discovery?

D-Chiodos, taking back Sunday, senses fail
L- Lilly Allen absolutely love her

What did you want and get?

D-bigger car
L-a vacation this year and we had many! Yeah!

What were your favorite films of 2007?

D- Does Juno count?
L- we don't see very many movies and TECHNICALLY we saw Juno in 2008 but I have to say Juno

What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?

D-went out to dinner and got drunk, just put that, 28
L-I have no clue, probably got my kids ready to start school, I got cupcakes from Rick, I remember that, 29

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

D-only having one house payment
L- if we could have sold our house

How would you describe your personal fashion concept?

D-Freakin' JACKED UP. Not up to date!
L- Comfy and mom-ish

What kept you sane?

D-my lovely wife and music, oh, and Pepsi!
L-Taking trips to the beach, gardening, Dustin, and breaks from my kids!

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy most?

D-UMMM, Like the most???
L-can't think of one

Who do you miss?

D-friends from California
L-Timmy who is on his mission, Lizzie, Becky, and Joey, who live in other states and Markie who's leaving for Iraq soon!

Who was the best NEW person you've met?

D-I don't know who I've met this year
L-my new friend Michelle, our daughters went to kindergarten together and I liked her way back then but we've only become good friends in the last year and I just love her.

A valuable life lesson you've learned?

D-Being a foreman is where it's at
L-Enjoy your children, they grow way too fast and take more pictures lots and lots of pictures!

What are you most excited for in 2008?

D-trips to the beach
L-Yellowstone with my family and camping at the beach with Dustin's.

What are you least excited for in 2008?

D-work-making two house payments
L-trying to sell our house...again!

I know this new year will be filled with both challenges and blessings and I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Matt said...

This reminded me of a Newsweek interview! right?

Sarah and Val said...

Where did you get this questionaire? I loved the answers. Dustin is a little salty, isn't he. Or maybe he just was not having fun tearing up base.

Jerolyn said...

Hey after reading your last post and Dustins answer about his trouble with his bug in this one, I think it would be appropriate to start calling it the "Stink Bug"

Erin said...

Funny, I can totally hear Dustin giving all of those answers. Loved reading all of them.