Saturday, January 26, 2008

101 Dalmatians

Madison and Karley performed in their first play last night for Hollywood Kids,
101 Dalmatians!
They wanted to do dance again this year but their dance teacher dropped both of their age groups so she could focus more of her attention on Hollywood Kids http://www.hollywoodkidsacademy.com/
Madison had two parts, the dog catcher and a boxer. Karley also played two parts, a poodle and a Dalmatian. They had a really fun time doing the play!

Check out the fine craftsmanship of her dog catcher's hat. We made that hat right before she had to leave for the show. She forgot to get it out of her dressing room so she didn't get to wear it during the play, oh well.I didn't get any good pictures of Madison dressed up like a boxer. She was so cute and my favorite part of the play was when all of the London dogs came on stage for the twilight bark!
Here's Karley, our french poodle! Despite having a high fever she rocked her parts and did a really great job. The show must go on!
Ok, I have to tell this story even though it might embarrass Karley a little bit. She was back behind all of the big kids when she realized she wasn't in the right spot so she looked around and then ducked down really fast and crawled behind everyone so she could get to the right spot. It was so funny!! She didn't even care, she just knew she wasn't in the right place. After the show she asked, "Oh my gosh, did you see me? I was totally up stage when I was supposed to be down stage!" I guess she learned some terminology, it was so cute and Oh yes, Karley, we saw you! It was the highlight of the show!!!

Scott loves to get his picture taken so when I was reviewing my pictures on the way to drop the girls off he started saying, "CHEESE! CHEESE! He's such a HAM! And as you can tell he thinks he's pretty darn funny! He's no Zoolander though, there are "many moods" of Scott.


Madison and Karley after the show.
A poodle, a boxer, and a Chihuahua. This is our friends little girl, Katie. Isn't she darling!

We're so proud of Madison and Karley for trying their best and doing such wonderful jobs. It's moments like these when I feel so grateful that these are my girls! It makes any bit of money we spend totally worth it, just for this one small moment in time!
Madison with her 4th grade teacher, Ms. Bikarian. They absolutely adore each other. We found out after the show that Madison had made up some invitations and invited some of her peeps. That just cracked us up! We wondered why she was at the play and Madison said, "She's here just for me, I invited her!"

Karley and her friend, Tyler! He was in the play also!(You probably could tell that since he's dressed like a junior cop) They went to kindergarten together and have been friends ever since! But she wants you all to know she does not have a crush on him!!!! Madison and Cruella DeVil, oops, I mean Hayley. She's Tyler's big sister. Madison and Hayley are in the same class at school and have done other plays together when they were both part of the drama club at Brookman!

This is Scott about an hour after we got home. He loves his blankets. Every night when I check on him he's got his blanket either on top of his head or he's completely twisted in it, or he's laying on top of it!
Not pictured in this post....Paige.
She was having a "no pictures, please" kind of night! She wasn't feeling well and did not want any one to take a picture of her especially if we were planning on blogging it!
Maybe I'll do a post completely devoted to Paigey girl!







13 comments:

Kourtney said...

Those pics are so cute! I love Maddy's hat and Karley's hair was gorgeous! I'm bummed we missed it. Scotty's always a cute little peanut! I love the pics of him (well, the lower half) in his crib. Is that Dustin's quilt?

DD said...

Yes Kourtney that is my quilt from grandma D. It is one of Scotts favorite, He has many. Leah loves it too.

Rachel B. said...

How absolutely adorable. I love that Madison made invitations and that her teacher showed up. That was sweet of her. And Karley's hair is insanely adorable all curled like that! I love Scott and the blankets covering his head. He seems like he's quite the character.

I also meant to tell you on your last post what a cute decorator you are! I know you said you're planning on replacing it, but I love the patterned rug/carpet in your family room. I think your color scheme is awesome in there. And I'm so jealous of your shutters!

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

I have the cutest nieces and nephews

Leah and Dustin said...

Just to clear things up, I'm not going to replace my rug with tile. The tile will just go under the rug someday! I'm so excited and I just love my rug too much!

Amber said...

The girls look so cute.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Both Karley and Madison gave Academy Award worthy performances! That play was so darn cute - and Karley finding her "spot" was priceless! Paige was so funny about not wanting her picture "blogged." What a nut - it must have been the fever talking! lol

Cutie-buttooties!!!

Kris said...

Thank you for putting up another blog with pictures that just puts a smile on my face. I too loved it watching Karley get to her right spot, I'd say she was totally in character as a dog crawling to her spot. Hilarious! Such a good experience for the girls. They do such a good job too! Hope Karley is feeling better, she's a trooper.

Andy said...

How much fun! I bet they had a really great time, and you had some really good laughs.

Tyler said...

You guys are very photogenic! I don't know why, but Scott looks like he's grown A LOT in the 3 weeks since I have seen him! Sounds like with all the "bugs" going around in that neck of the woods you guys had quite a few troopers that night! Hope everybody feels better. Paige just must have been having fever hallucinations.

Sarah and Val said...

I love the picture of Scott in his car seat. He has such a cute smile. (And did you notice the 'poodle' looking over his shoulder?)
It was such a wonderful performance.

Kathy said...

Such Cute pictures!! Looks like a really cute play. How fun for your girls to be involved in that.
And Scott is so adorable, I just want to squeeze him!

Jerolyn said...

Cute cute cute! Assure Paige that we all love seeing pictures of her too though!