Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You deserve a break today... McDonalds!!!


On Monday I picked up Riley so we could go work out together at this little gym that's in our neighborhood. We started doing this over the summer and since school started up it's been hard to find the time. We always have so much fun "pumping some iron" and doing a little people watching. Which, to me is always the best part! Seriously, you see some of the funniest characters at the gym. Mostly we laugh at the men's faces when they're lifting weights but occasionally you catch a lady in hot pink spandex(like yesterday) or you'll see some really desperate guy trying to pick up on some "hot" chick. It's always a good time!




Every once in a while Riley will say something like "I WANT TACO BELL!" just out of no where and we'll both crack-up and because I have absolutely no will power we usually give in to these urges! Perhaps, why I have a gym membership in the first place!!! On Monday she saw a girl in class eating some McDonald's and was telling me how she had been craving it ever since. SOOOO, Yep, we went to McDonald's after the gym. I know, kinda defeats the whole purpose but we did SHARE a fry so that wasn't too bad, right?!? When I pulled up to drop Riley off at home afterward we waited to see Kris' reaction when she saw our McDonald's cups in hand. She just laughed and said MCDONALD'S?!!! Sorry, we're going to try to be better about that! Riley had me laughing so hard that day which is exactly what I needed and we may never be the hot babes we hope to be but I love going to the gym!!! ...oh, and McDonald's, love that too!!!

5 comments:

Amber said...

That is just funny stuff!!

Rachel B. said...

Leah, how the heck are you!? I can't believe you have 4 kids! Your family is adorable! I'm so excited you have a blog so I can now keep up with your cute little family.

Rachel B. said...

By the way, I just BARELY found the first comment you left on my blog from a while ago. You probably think I'm the biggest jerk for not responding sooner. If I would have seen it earlier I definitely would have gone to your blog sooner! Anyway, just wanted to clarify! :) I just went through some of your family links and I can't believe it! Everybody has changed so much and just looks wonderful! Isn't blogging great? It's amazing how it's reconnecting everybody!

Tyler said...

You should try Gold's. Lots of people who you look at and thing "Wow. That dude's pretty buff." Then you realize it's a chic lifting 4 times what I can. Makes me feel like a man, and strangely arouses me at the same time.......

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I wish I could run again. That always seemed to help me maintain the weight. Now I'm not running and eating as much or more...not a good combo! lol

And hey, nothing wrong with fast food. In fact, fast food, Pepsi and chocolate are gifts from God (and the base of my food triangle)! LOL