Monday, October 8, 2007

I just love conference weekend! We had so much fun yesterday visiting family, eating yummy food, and just kickin' back! Madison and Karley both spent the night at a friends house so when they got home at 9:00 we picked up Matt and Elara and headed over to my mom's house for brunch. I really enjoy spending time with my sibs. I have such a great time visiting with my bros. and their families. Since I'm their only sister in town I just get pampered and treated like a princess whenever we're together. Right guys?!? OK, so maybe that's not how it really is but a girl can dream. I'm gonna keep trying to make that deal since my sister, Hannah, gets home from her mission next month. I really miss all of my family, though, and I wish we could all be together. We have a lot of good laughs. After a delicious brunch we watched some of conference, played cards, and Dustin was even able to get a good nap in.
We left my mom's and headed to Kris' for dinner! Yeah, more food! Tyler, Christina, and Kiersten were there and so was Frankie, Kourtney, Bradley, and Landon. The kids had fun riding bikes together but inside there was a somewhat somber mood since Tyler's Anaheim Angels lost and Frankie's team, The Yankees, weren't doing so good either. They pulled through though and won but Frankie had already left for work. We had our first pumpkin pie of the season,YUM!, before heading home to get the kids bathed and ready for bed.
I love both my families and I'm really grateful for the time we get to spend together. Conference weekend Rocks!!!

8 comments:

Kris said...

I also love the one of 4 Mormon Holidays a year. Love it when everyone can come over and hang out.

May I just say Madison looked quite cute today at school.

Amber said...

Sounds like a fun relaxing weekend. We need those sometimes!

I can't believe Hannah comes home next month already. That went by fast!

Tyler said...

Gotta love the conference weekend, even though I sometimes refer to it an the Divisional Series weekend!!!!

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

I hope that we can rejoin the clan soon....that's one real draw back to the military life is missing the heck out of your family

Kourtney said...

Good times, good times...

Matt said...

cool post, i was sitting her wondering what are the other 2 mormon holidays...it finally came to me.

Leah and Dustin said...

I wish I had taken pictures to go with my post I'm gonna try to be better about that!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I enjoyed conference weekend as well - kinda like every other weekend for me! lol

Sorry I had to miss the food and company. Lutheran baptisms are interesting (and very very quick).