I don't know what I was thinking when I scheduled a 7:30 am dentist appointment for Madison... On a school day! I watch Zoe and Trevor every morning so I felt really bad when I had to call their mom and tell her that I had done this, which means she would have to make other arrangements. I was completely willing to take them all but it ended up working out that I didn't. It was really hard waking my kids up an hour earlier than they are used to . Karley took one look out the window and said, "what? I'm not getting up, it's still dark outside." We had to get an early start because their dentist is clear out by the District but I love him so it's totally worth the drive. We were completely checked-out and back on the road by 8 o' clock. Gotta love the efficiency or maybe other parents just realize that's not the most ideal time for a cavity to be filled, anyway, I was happy. The girl came out to tell me she was done and they didn't even have to numb her. What? I didn't know there was a choice but Madison was way happy that she didn't have to go to school with a lop-sided grin. I told my kids that if they stop getting cavities I'll start paying them so I don't have to shell out the big bucks to the dentist! We'll see how that works! I paid over $200.00 today which included a balance from Paige's surgery. RIDICULOUS!!!! I can't believe how much we pay at the dentist. It's killin' me!!!! I mean seriously, why so much!?!
Besides that, Madison was told at her last check-up that she's in serious need of some braces before things get any worse. I have an orthodontist but I really would like to check-out a different office so, Erin, maybe you could let me know who you and Sydney see? She's already had one consultation so I'm thinkin' this is probably gonna have to happen soon.
After all that I was still able to pick up Zoe and Trevor and take them to school along with two other kids, Caesar and Ricardo, who happen to live next door and are in our ward. We pulled into the parking lot at 8:30 just in time to see Grandma Kris pulling in. I love seeing her little yellow bug in the parking lot at the school and knowing she's there to watch over my girls!
9 comments:
Ohhhh, girl, I feel your pain!!! I'm wondering if my kids have the same dentist at yours...(we go to Dr. Manny Rapp) Anyway, we have the same whopping bills each time we go--a couple months ago it was $300 just for exams/cleaning/x-rays for 2 of my kids. OUCH. Gotta love not having dental insurance. BUT... I do LOVE our orthodontist. Their office is AWESOME. His name is Zachary Truman--they are over just inside Seven Hills, just off of St. Rose. It's not exactly close to your house, but their office is great, appts are quick, and he has 6 kids of his own (yeah, he's LDS) so he totally understands having to bring the rest of the troops with you for any of the appts. Let me know if you want & I'll pass on their phone number!
Good luck!
Erin, YES, I LOVE Dr. Manny I mean LOVE him everything except for the price that comes with his services but it's totally worth it to me cause I love the girls in the office and he's so great with the kids! Did he refer you to Dr. Truman? Yes, please let me know what his number is-Thanks
You should also check out Darryl Spillsbury in the Galleria parking lot. He's LDS and a good friend...he was gonna do mine for free..but the military wouldnt allow me to have braces.
Ahhhhh...mornings with kids! I have a hard enough time getting myself ready anymore! :-) You have a busy busy morning!
Bummer about the dentist (and future ortho). It's one of those bills ya just hate paying - I guess it's better than letting our teeth fall out though.
Leah, yes Dr. Manny referred us to Dr. Truman (that's who he takes his own kids to). Their phone number is 221-2272. You can just go in for a consult...they are great (and almost their entire staff is LDS). Let me know how it goes!
When I saw Madison this morning she did say you guys took the whole neighborhood to school!
You are a trooper! I could never have an appointment that early. And Madison is sooo brave!!!
Don't get me started on the price of the dentist. We HAVE insurance and we still pay an arm and a leg!!! I think it's a conspiracy!!!
oh whoa, I am impressed that you did all that so early in the morning. I don't know how people do it. Maybe it's because I only have one kid and she doesn't go to school so we are not in a rush in the morning. I think having two kids is going to kill me!
Yeah we have insurance too & it still is expensive. We should have married a dentist. But Mad looks so cute & she will be even cuter with her braces!
Post a Comment