After today there is only one more day until track break!!! I can't wait! On Sunday I was so excited that it would be the last week before our month long vacation and Kourtney said"wait, you are EXCITED for track break?" and I said "YES!!!", and let me just tell you why... (1.) I will get to "sleep in" possibly until 7:00 maybe even until 7:30. Wooo Hoooo!!, (2.) I don't have to do all 3 girl's hair first thing in the morning, all before 8:30, (3.) I don't have to worry about packing lunches or if we even have food TO pack cause if we don't I can go to the store any time during the day, (4.) I don't have to worry about being home by 11:30 to pick up Paige from Kinder- kinda hard to always be on a short leash, (5.) I get a break from tending kids. Don't get me wrong I love the kids I tend during the week, they are great, but two extra kids is still, well, two extra kids!, (6.) I don't have three packets of homework that I have worry about getting done all before Friday morning. I could go on and on listing all of the things about track break that I'm excited for and I probably only feel this giddy because it hasn't actually begun yet.
I DO love this time that I get to spend with my kids and I love that these breaks are spread out through the year instead of in one lump. I have many a fun adventure planned for OUR break from school! It will be great, and stayed tuned for my mid-break list of reasons why I'm excited the kids are finally going BACK to school!
8 comments:
Yeah!!! I love track break too.
Having never worked or "principaled" at a year-round school, I guess I can't appreciate the track break thing. Of course, as a year-round principal, you don't get track breaks either! lol
Sounds like you'll really be enjoying the time off. I know I enjoy any time I can take off too.
I love you list of reasons. I am so excited too! Maybe we can schedule a trip to Springs Preserve.
you should come to the Grand Canyon this weekend. Friday through Monday.
Ugh, can we add, you don't have to put on a bra since you don't HAVE to leave the house. OR brush your teeth. YES! Let's try and get all the track 4 girls who are breaking together sometime this month.
Yeah, I have know idea what it's like to have a kid in year round. I guess you have 3 times the hassel. I'm glad you will get to enjoy the break!
It is always wonderful not to have to be on any schedule,I agree. I even hate getting Riley up and down to the school on time.
I will miss the girls during recess though.
Oh, I totally hear ya on every one of those reasons! I'm sure by about day 7 of track break I will be ready for them to go back, but still...the teeniest chance of possibly getting to sleep a little longer will is very exciting. AND, we don't have to worry about Halloween class parties--I LOVE that too. AND, we don't have to worry about getting home early 'cause it's a school night on Halloween. My kids were very thrilled when they realized that!
Post a Comment