Today is park day! I love this time I get to spend with Scotty like I did with all my children. I started a play group almost 6 years ago with some girls in my ward that have small kids. I wanted a way to get to know people in my new ward and have my kids( then just Madison and Karley) make some good friends. The ward we were in before we bought our house had a play group that I got invited to and I had a great time. It was really hard for me to put myself out there cause I was so scared no one would want to come... so, to get this sort of thing going was really HUGE for me but I'm so glad that I did! Though wards have changed and friends have moved I still really love it! At the time we were all pretty new moms so I felt really blessed to hear other's stories and have a break from house-work and simply to just make new friends. Many of our kids have started school and, well, life has happened so it's been hard to keep this thing going! We've switched days due to pre-school schedules, we've switched parks and then switched again and then switched back to the park where it all started! I have so many great memories of these first times at this park. I still have close relationships with many of the girls that have been there from the beginning. I love sitting on a blanket with some of my closest and dearest friends and watching our precious kids play. It is a definite highlight of my week! Though our numbers are dwindling and every body's lives are getting so busy and hectic I hope that our park days will always be that one day a week that we put our house-work on hold to spend time with friends and family!
9 comments:
He's so cute.
Who wouldn't want to spend time at the park or anywhere for that matter with THAT FACE?
Yes I love park days! We look forward to them here at our house.
Who couldn't love that cutie-buttootie???!!! :-)
Okay, can I bite him?? Just a nibble?? He is so stinkin' cute it's kind of disgusting! Haha J/K!!! I wish I had a play group. But I guess Landon's a little too small for that. Maybe when he's bigger I'll join yours.
Your park days are such a good idea and it's good you ladies take time to do it.
We had fun with Scotty tonight! Scott played with Rusty like Bradley did at that age. Very intertaining.
Oh Kourtney, you know, park days are mostly for the mommies. Landon would love to swing with all the other babies.You can come any time.I'd love it!
I might just do that!
I wish I was a stay at home mom...I wanna go to park day
Post a Comment