Monday, October 22, 2007

C-H-A-P-A-R-R-A-L !!!!






COME ON, SING IT WITH ME!!!! For all of you Chaparral alum out there, this ones for you! On Friday Kris invited us to join her at the Eldorado homecoming game which is something we love to do with our kids (go to high school football games). I knew they'd be playing Chaparral(my Alma mater) for the cleat and since we lost last year I was really hoping the Cowboys would get it back. Now, I normally don't care about these sorts of things but since it is both me and Dustin's ten year reunion I was really glad that Chaparral did me proud, I mean, we spanked those sun-devils! I always tease Dustin since we went to rival schools even though he won't claim Eldorado as his own. We just really had a great time! Scott loved the band and all of the action, he was just so excited! The girls always watch the cheerleaders, totally in awe, wishing they were old enough! They also admire the homecoming court ( even though some of the dresses were quite SCANDALOUS)! I just enjoy the whole experience! But let me just tell you times have changed. High school was so different 10 years ago!!!

10 comments:

Tyler said...

Dustin knows he has to rep the Saxons!!! L-O-A-R-A!!!! SAXONS!!!! GO! FIGHT! WIN!!! Then again, if Eldorado had won, he probably would have rep'd eldo!!!

Kourtney said...

EL-DOGG!!! MAROON AND GOLD!!! haha it's not my alma mater, but I did attend.

Kourtney said...

Oh yeah, and Sundevils are a way better mascot than cowboys!!!

Sarah and Val said...

Go!! Western Warriors!! Oh, they weren't playing. Well never mind.

Erin said...

Before I even read this post & only read the title, I was totally chanting the cheer. I'm happy to hear Chap got regained ownership of the Cleat, but you're brave to go to those high school games. It would freak me out even more to see what I'm in for in another 6 years. Ugh.

Amber said...

I loved high school & I loved my 10 year reunion. Glad you guys had a good time! That's funny you both went to rival schools!

Sara said...

Ugh, Chap! Ok, not that EHS was much better but come on! Kevin and I have his 10 year this summer! I am so glad high school is over but I can't live with the curiosity. I know lots has changed but I sense there will be much of the same! How old do we feel going to our 10 year reunions. I wonder how many of our friends will have as many kids as us!!!!!

Beth said...

COOOWWWWW----BBBOOOOOYYYYYSSSSS!!!

COOOWWWWW-----BOOOOYYYYYSSSSS!!!

Go, Cowboys!!!

Tyler said...

Just reminded me.....Christina and I went to a Freshman game at Arbor View a few weeks back (she has a former student who plays for Arbor View). They wanded/metal detected everybody, including Kiersten's car seat!!! It was interesting for me.......made me feel safe!!!:)

barlows said...

We are [clap, clap] the cowboys[clap, clap] WOOOOO WEEEEE OWE!
I take issue with the Sundevils being better than the Cowboys. What is a Sundevil? Really? Yosemite Sam owned that made up thing-a-ma-jig.