Wednesday, March 5, 2008

March Winds


I walked "the troop" to school today and even though the weather seemed nice there was a harsh, bitter, cold wind. It is still so much easier for us to walk so we pressed on although we had to brave the gale force March winds! ha ha

It reminded me of the saying..."March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb!" I said it out loud and then asked, "What do you think that means?" Zoe answered,"It means March comes in windy and ends up warm and sunny so we can go swimming". Then I asked, "Well what do you think this means? ...April showers bring May flowers". Zoe said, "oh, that means you get a lot of rain in April and then it gets warm and sunny so we can go swimming" (She must have swimming on the brain) We chatted for a bit and then Madison looks up at me and asks, "Well, Mom, then what do May flowers bring?" What?? Again Madison asks, "what do May flowers bring?" I don't know... Happiness? Madison says, "NO, they bring Pilgrims, get it?... MAYFLOWERS, they bring pilgrims!" ...Funny girl! I was crackin' up!

11 comments:

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

Oh that Madi...such a kidder

Sarah and Val said...

Too cute!! Madison is a deep thinker apparently.

Rachel B. said...

I love it! What a cute and smart thinkin' little girl!

P.S. I never could get some of the videos to work below.

Amber said...

Madison is so funny. She is a quick thinker!

Jerolyn said...

what a clever girl you have there!!!

Matt said...

Madison is always dogging on me with her sharp wit. I love it!!

Kourtney said...

Maddy's so funny! Zoe knows what she's talkin' about too.
I thought it was going to be nice out and it was, but the wind was brisk!!!

Kris said...

Good one Madison, good one!! That wind, that was suppose to be a breeze, was cold! Brave of all of you for walking to school.

barlows said...

VERY clever! Maybe I should try some physical activity with my troops to make their brains come up with more clever things to say in conversation. We're stuck on "You can't make me do that!" or "I'm never gonna be your _____ (brother/sister/daughter, etc.) again!" Brilliant, huh?

Tyler said...

Mad has quite the quick wit! I think she gets it from her uncle!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

That joke never gets old! Good goin' Madison! And hopefully the next few weeks will bring us some swimmin' weather!!! YAY!!!