Monday, March 17, 2008

Photo Shoot

Last weekend we headed to the temple for a photo shoot. The last time we did something like this was when we got married and even then we didn't take 268 photos in 2 and 1/2 hours. WHOA!!
A photographer in our ward, Susana Gentry http://web.mac.com/beatusmongous needed a couple for an assignment in one of her classes and she asked Dustin if we would be willing. Models we are not... but it was so much fun and we had a great time! Thanks Susy!

One of my favorites because I love Dustin's serious face, a rare moment indeed.
I just thought this was funny...notice how annoyed Dustin looks!

These two are funny, in the first one I look angry and then in this one love struck, Dustin looks good in both though.
My He-man
we went all "urban" in this photo

Love the tree

Las Vegas Temple brochure?
Although extremely unflattering I love that we're laughing, some poses we just felt so dorky.
This picture should've been next to the other one....now who's angry?!?

Love it!
We have a wedding photo with the exact same pose and expression...crazy!
Just hangin' around
Not the prettiest laugh but I love that most of these photos show just how much Dustin makes me laugh.. we really do have so much fun together.
Get over here!

A young Mom and her baby daughter were walking the temple grounds. The little girl came tumbling towards us to get into the picture and the mom ran after her apologizing and saying"she was just trying to give you a glimpse of what your future might look like" Funny...umm, No, we're not just starting out.
BFF
Laughing because they had these reflective screens and our eyes were burning out of our skulls.
"Do you feel stupid?" UMMM yeah!


Love this one also
I love the details of Dustin's face and that you can really see his green eyes.

typical...
I think we were both resting in this picture..I just rest a little fancier.

One of the first photos of the day



So that's it!
Susy really is talented, really fun to work with and she gave a lot of direction which was great because I hate when you get pictures taken and they say "do what ever you want" and the photos come back with these freaky poses and your mad the photographer didn't tell you that wouldn't look right!
(that almost sounded RANTish didn't it?)
Thanks again, Susy, you did an amazing job and thank you for your patience with us amateurs!



14 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

I can see that Dustin has studied extensively at the 'Pretty Boy' modeling agency. (I knew I recognized him from ads I had seen in some well known 'magazines'.

Seriously though, I do think that you are a very good looking couple. And I'm not even the least bit biased.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

WOW!!!! Those pics are great! I did have to laugh at a couple of them though - very "artsy?" - but really good. You both really good!!!!

Marylin said...

How Fun! You guys are too cute together! Isn't it nice to be married to your best friend! You look beautiful!

Kourtney said...

You had me cracking up with the commentary, because I'm sure some of those poses were so strange! And the woman who was "giving you a taste of your future together" HAHA! You guys look really HOTT in them! But I do love all the goofy ones too!!!

Kris said...

I just had a smile on my face looking at those photos. You two are a good looking couple!! I could see how those would be on wedding invitations. How funny of the advice lady, see, you still look like a young couple.

Rachel B. said...

Those are great!! I really really also love the black and white one of you two looking at each other. Too cute. You look so young and beautiful. Like always. It's fun to have a photographer friend. Our awesome photographer friend is moving though! Sad.

Hannie said...

Beautiful! Lovely! Gorgeous! Great lashes! Great hair! Cute outfit! Great poses! Great smile! I am SO not just saying that because we are from the same gene pool! You two are way cute! I look at you so many times and think "I hope I am as cool as them when I've been married 9 years!"
P.S. Are you starting your own "Book of Poses?"

Tyler said...

Freaking Models! Dustin, you didn't go on a russian accented "People would kill to be us, bro!" after you were done, did you? Sorry, just watched The Soup last night. Best show on TV. Anyway, the commentary and the pictures were great! You both look great. My favorite pic is the one where Dustin is pondering his thumbnail with that "Wow, I really did whack that thing pretty hard with that hammer" look. BTW-that last part was WAY too short to be a rant!

barlows said...

I LOVE the ones of you guys laughing and the nose-to-nose one. Fun stuff for just the two of you and your kids will LOVE having those when their grown.

Amber said...

I love all of those! You both look like you are prof models!

Julie T. said...

Those are great pictures. You look so pretty in them!!

Beth said...

Yeah, those were great. Hard to look at you guys and realize you have FOUR kids! Lookin' good!

Sara said...

Susy always does such a great job. you guys look great! you need to blow some of those up. I want to be someones school assignment.

Jerolyn said...

I was gonna comment on my faves but when I went back to look there were too many that were my faves! I do love the one of you two laughing because of the reflecting light...and oh so many others as well!