She loves monkeys so this cup and plate set was just perfect.
money, money, money
Mickey Mouse birthstone earrings. Karley wanted to have a swimming party and Grandma Kris was nice enough to let us invade her house and pool. All was going well until 5 minutes before the party was supposed to start when Karley received a flying knee to the nose. (at least we think that is what happened) I had my back turned to the pool and didn't see it happen but when Karley came up out of the water she was bleeding and I could tell she was hurtin' pretty bad. I knew this wasn't going to be good! Grandma and Grandpa were right there to help since I could hardly catch my breath and they got Karley into the bathroom and started icing her nose. At some point I stood behind Karley and looked at her face in the mirror and knew immediately that she'd broken it. Her nose was pushed to one side and I was terrified. I always knew Karley had a break in her future but I was expecting a broken arm or collar bone or leg. That I could handle. She was scared. So scared. And I felt like crying just seeing her that worried. We decided to leave the party and take her to the Dr. and get an x-ray taken. She was very brave. The Dr. said she had, in fact, broken her nose and the she would need to go to an ear, nose, and throat specialist to have it set once the swelling had gone down. She also got a prescription for antibiotics so she won't get an infection during this time. On the way to the Dr. she asked, "So, how is this going to work?" I'm trying to prep her for what might happen when we get there and she buried her head in her hands and started crying and said, "No, I mean about my party and my presents." She had been looking forward to swimming with her cousins and opening her presents for a long time. She was bummed to miss out!
She opened her gifts the next day.








As you can see she was VERY excited and loved everything she received! Thankyou every one for the gifts!
This is Karley on Monday. A little more swollen. She has said that she has a hard time seeing out of her right eye( because her bridge is swollen) and it's sometimes hard to breath out of that nostril.
The cupcakes that no one was able to enjoy!
We sang happy birthday to her since she missed her party.
Karley's golden birthday
Karley on Tuesday a little more swollen and a little more bruised.
She's still black and blue but her swelling has gone down. Friday we go in for it to be set.And thank you to every one who contributed to her medical bills (I mean, gave Karley money for her birthday.) ha ha
She may have missed her party but this is one birthday we'll never forget!!
11 comments:
Karley,
We were so sad to miss you at your party. Next time, stay away from the kickers in the pool.
So sad about her nose! First Madison's mouth, now Karley's nose, watch your other 2 kids' eyes. She's so cute that she was still so worried about her party. I'm glad she still had a good time with her presents. What a sweetheart.
That was the saddest Golden Birthday I have been to. Karley was a real good sport about it all. Now let's keep our fingers crossed that Friday goes good.
Poor girl - missing her party to go see the doctor. A broken nose has always seemed so painful to me. I hope she is doing better with her nose, and I hope Madison is doing better with her teeth.
Poor Karley. It truly wasn't the same with out the guest of honor at a party. We missed you Karley.
ya that was a sad party. it happened minutes before I walked thru the door. atleast we still had pizza!
I too knew karley was destined for a cast.
Hey Kar' ready to go to the skatepark yet?
Love, uncle Bob Marley
when they say it's a birthday for the books they don't mean medical books! POOR thing I bet that hurt so so bad. Darin broke his nose once and still shivers when he talks about it. I am afraid the "setting" part will be very
un-settling....maybe not though, lets hope not.
Let us know how that goes.
p.s. Karley reminds me so much of Maggie I can't beieve it.
Karley! Karley! Karley! You are such a sweetheart! You were missed at your party but you were so darn brave about the whole thing! It wasn't the same without the birthday girl there!!!
Hopefully tomorrow will go well and everything will be fine. Such a beautiful girl! Love ya!
That was so awful! I saw the scared look in her eyes and felt so bad! She was definitly missed during the party. I hope everything goes well tomorrow!!! You'll have to let us know.
I love the cupcakes! Good idea! Looks like fun times (and also some un-fun times too):(
Wow....you have had some serious trama in your house. Hope all is well now!! Your kids are so beautiful even with a gapping hole and a broken nose! ;)
Post a Comment