It has taken me forever to get here but I made it. 100 posts!
I checked out Erin's blog and she made a birthday wish list for Kevin. I was planning on doing this anyway but i thought I'd share. I too am turning the BIG 3-0 very soon here and have been getting lots of pressure from Dustin to make a list. First let me say I'm a very practical person. I totally don't mind getting things I "need" rather than "want" for my birthday. Although, I do love a good surprise every now and then! I thought I'd make a list of things I would LOVE if we had all the money in the world but since we don't I'll be happy with whatever. Here's my Birthday wishlist...
1. I would love a new camera. A nice SLR camera. I know I could put that bad boy to use and I've wanted one since we got married and I'm still waiting!! patiently.
2. Now this I consider a "need." New sunglasses. I spotted these when we were in California on vacation. I love them. My sunglasses are so scratched on the lenses and my eyes are so sensitive to the sun and I've really been missing good sunglasses.
3. I'm pretty spoiled with jewelry because Dustin actually loves picking it out(and he's pretty good at it.) I totally don't even need any jewelry(I don't wear much besides a ring anyway) but one thing I've always wanted but never had is a peridot ring. Growing up I never really liked my birthstone mostly because it's usually set in yellow gold. I saw this ring at Zales when I went to lunch at the mall with my SIL. Gorgeous!!!
4. I would love to go here with Dustin. We never do anything like this but I can totally picture us pool-side and kid-free. I would love to have a little get-away and maybe go exploring through the canyons while we're there. I have never spent any time in Red Rock besides going there for the plays. I'd love to see it! Either that or Mt. Charleston lodge. Another place I've always wanted to stay but our anniversary is in January and I don't do snow very well!
5. I'd really love to be able to finish our kitchen project and get the tile we want. I really like this because it's tile with a concrete finish and I think it would look really cool. I know this doesn't sound like a very exciting birthday present but like I said before, I'm very practical.
6. On that same note I'd really like to re-paint my room. It's brown and blue right now and booooring and I'd really like to do something more fun. I would love to have grey walls and still use my brown quilt and have some accents of bright yellow. It might sound crazy but I can see it and I like what I see. It might be more work than I'm willing to do right now with all of the other projects I have going on. Someday!
7. My house only has enough space for one dining table and because I have two I'm listing one on Craigslist. I hope to get this table instead. If you only have one table it might as well be a BIG one, right? I'd like these chairs to go with it. Why not throw in a couple new lights to go over the new table while we're at it.
8. I love new clothes but I'm not really into fashion. I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. I'd love a new pair of tennies though but I ONLY wear them when my feet get too cold in flip flops. I do like a new purse but I always have a hard time finding one I like. I really need to enlist my sister, Hannah, she always has a new, cute purse. Sounds difficult, huh? probably why I never receive any of these things for my birthday.
9. I've been asking Dustin (very nicely) to hook me up with one of these. I think they're adorable and my friends Amber and Jen create them. Totally creative and cute and I want one that's custom designed by Dustin for me. He may need help so maybe he can collaborate with you, Amber.
10. For my birthday I'd really enjoy being surrounded by my friends and family. That would trump this whole list and be the best gift of all.
13 comments:
The big 3-0, huh. This calls for an expensive gift or gifts (wink,wink Dustin)!!!
-I would LOVE a camera like that!
-Those Spy's are so cute
-Red Rock would be SO nice
-I want one of those necklaces so bad, and I don't want to wait until my birthday for one!
You've got a good list going right now.
Yeah for your 100th post. I am a list kinda girl & I loved this list. All that stuff is so cute. Especially the custom jewelry! :)
I will have to hook you up.
Happy 100! And, 30th. :) Love your list! You HAVE to go stay at Redrock. It is so awesome! And, you will totally use that camera girl! And, I'm loving that you love our jewelry! Thanks!
Happy 100th post, Leah. You have great taste. I want all of these things too.
Three - Zero???!!! Wow - where does the time go?
Great list...keep your fingers crossed. You never know what you might get!
Looks like I have some shopping to do! :) You deserve something very special, not just because you are going to be the big 3-0...you got my kids to school (safely) this whole school year! You will never understand what that means to me!
Purse Shopping here we come! I'm so excited for your B-day! We are so going to live it up! Love you!
Congrats on 100! And also on almost turning 30! I hope you get something on your list. That's a good list. I would love a nice camera like that too. I don't forsee that happening anytime soon for me though. Hope you get it! :)
That ring is so pretty, I love it the most out of all your wishes...I hope you have a happy thirty!! Thirty is so IN right now!
HELLO 2 weeks...what the heck?
Leah, my baby girl turning 30. I hope you get all that you have wished for. Especially the really important wishes. Love, Mom
I totally remember you! You look great, and what a great family you have too! I think we must be long lost sisters because I too LOVE IKEA, LOVE contemporary design(I have slate flooring which resembles the concrete looking tile you like), my bedroom is blue and brown also, and I've seen that jewelry and I'm totally wanting some!! I should copy and paste that one "wish list" to my page. :)
You are so lucky! I was so going to get you number 3 on your list, but now I'm going to get you number 10!
Post a Comment