Karley had surgery on Friday to get her broken nose set.
She was swimming and got such a hard kick(?) to the right side of her face that it collapsed the bone on that side and bowed it out on the other. The procedure would've been too much for her if she were awake. She's been a little trooper throughout this whole thing.
Prepped and ready.
The nurses at the surgery center were so kind to Karley and put us all at ease.
Karley wanted a picture taken of her IV. She thought that was pretty cool and the nurse put some "happy juice" into it right before they wheeled her away.
Karley in recovery. She hated the oxygen mask on her face and as soon as the nurse took it off she was fine.
She gets to wear this cute splint until Wednesday when she goes back in for a check-up.
Taking the little girl home. She stayed awake for the whole ride home. We were home by 9:30 and Karley was begging us to take her to school since she wasn't "that late" We were laughing because obviously she still had some good pain meds running through her system. She's slept a lot this weekend and is hoping to go to school Monday but I do know that everything is going to be all right.
14 comments:
Karley, what a cute nose cast. Can I sign it?
Love, Grandma Sarah
What a trooper!!! I'm so glad all went well. Hopefully she got to go to school today to show off her new 'appliance.' How funny she wanted to go that same day! Hope the follow-up goes just as great on Wednesday!
Good job Karley. I love how big she is grinning in those before shots. What a brave girl. You obviously did a good job helping her feel relaxed despite your own nerves!
I'm so happy to get the Karley update and have it be a good one! She looks so darn cute giving the thumbs up in the before AND after pics! What a brave girl. My eyes water just "thinking" about bumping my nose..."a hard kick" would probably do me in for good!!!
What a great patient! I love that she wanted to go to school. Glad everything went well too.
She looks like she got a nose job with that splint. What an upbeat girl. I bet that made you worry a little less with how calm she was before surgery.
I broke my nose once in a car wreck. I was taken to the ER via ambulance and after dealing with the bunged up knee and cut up face, it was the broken nose that hurt the most! I feel so sorry for her, but am glad the worst is over and she's doing well.
She is so cute in her little gown! In that pic of her in the wheelchair when she's squinting, she looks JUST like Dustin (in girl form of course)!!! She is such a brave girl!
As a principal, so glad she wanted to go to school. As a grandpa, so glad she stayed home and took care of herself. Those pain meds make you say the darnedst things!!!
What did the kids at school think of her "appliance?" I'll bet it was the talk of the class. :-)
So glad everything went good. She looked so cute in that hairnet. She almost looked like she could or should be a surgery nurse!
Like I said .. if any of your kids are game for this type of trial it's Karley. You can tell by her smile in the post-op pictures.
Oh man....this is the stuff that depresses me, why do I not know these things until they are already gone? We are still here!!! HELLO....I keep posting on your page with zero response
Oh my heck, poor Karley!!
I am being so nosey...what happened to Karley?
Post a Comment