Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MEMORIES

Me and Matt at the beach! Check out our hair!! Yeah pretty good times!!
I can't seem to figure out a way to post my MANY pictures of Yellowstone so I thought I'd give this a try in the mean time!! I know I'm doing this a little late!!


Here is a fun little game...Leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time, or a long time, anything you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you, unless I already have!

10 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

I have a memory and I bet it is the first on your blog and the first one of your life. On August 25th 1978 I wasn't feeling so good and guess who was the cause? Anyway, I gave birth to the cutest little dark haired girl. That is my first memory of me and you.

DD said...

I remember walking out of the mall face to face, you walking backwards, and me walking forwards, tripping,and making you fall back and hit your head on the pavement HARD. So hard that I had to drive you home in your car. I guess I'm lucky you still married me.

Hannie said...

Does ratted hair ring a bell? Or black eyeliner? Or "Why can't you just sleep under the covers?" or "Let me teach you how to clean a room!" or "Fry an egg and put it in a Ziplock!" or getting me ready for Miss Ronda's dance recitals (you are the world's most patient/loving big sister)! Dance parties in the kitchen that make me laugh terribly hard! (good for the abs!) Being so proud of you at your graduation! I think this may be a repressed memory, but do you remember dying a chunk of my hair blond, and me sobbing at the kitchen table! :( Watching you be such a amazing mom/wife! "You know what these are for...there for to see!" Richard Simmon's tapes at the Koch's when you were in YW's (and I was playing with Julie) followed by a trip to TCBY! My first 5k with you. I loved your younger mother years when you'd pick me up and I just got to go running errands with you! We used to hang out alot. I'm not even scratching the surface!

Brad and Leslie said...

Ooooo...there are so many! I guess I'll post my very first one -the most memorable one to me.

I remember sitting in church, on the same row and side of the chapel as we sit now, and I noticed this cute little family come in and sit on the front row of the over flow. The baby was a year or so older than Zoƫ and the older one was around 2 or 3 years old. The Dad had an almost bald head, maybe even shaved, but the Mom caught my eye from the instant I saw her. Something about her face just made me happy, almost giddy happy, but calm all at the same time. She was petite, stylish, very pretty and sported short, but not too short, bleach blonde hair. There was nothing stand offish about her - well I guess I'll say you! I thought "Wow - she's neat, and I don't even know her, yet I feel like I do." I had no idea how right I was about you being a neat person.

Deep down something told me to stop at nothing until you were my friend. I'm glad I listened. :) Les

Amber said...

So many memories! Especially from the beginning of our friendship when we were getting to know you two. All the parties at your house with "the gang". I loved that you & Dustin always loved people at your house & you really know how to entertain. And the new years were always the best. When we ran into you guys at Mimi's. When you helped Brian order a necklace for me. When your kids tried to burn our house down by turning on the gas to the stove (Brain made me say that one!!), the yummy treats you make. I love hanging out with you & I love our friendship!!

Kourtney said...

Seriously...where do I begin?? Well I remember the first time we met you at my parents house thinking you were so cute. I was always the 3rd wheel when you guys dated! Going to shows and skankin' our hearts out! Pizza Hut- dine in. The fountains by Barley's. Going to D-land with you guys when Maddy was a tiny little peanut. At your wedding I bawled my eyes out through the whole ceremony (and I'm an ugly crier). And who could forget all the laughs we got out of my Shanaynay updo?? When I lived with my parents and put Brad to bed I'd come over and watch TV, eat popcorn and drink Pepsi until late at night. Remember when I drove the Vanagon and when I turned it on to go home the horn honked the entire ride home and you could hear me the whole way!?! SO funny!!! Phase 10, Apples to Apples, and Spoons. Dancing our butts off at Brandon and Anneke's wedding lovin' every second of it. Floating out in the ocean- the BEST ever!!! The conversations out there- FUNNY! Ricochet!
I know I'm forgeting a lot of good ones, but that would take all night. I think I'll do this on my blog but I'm kinda scared of what I'll hear!

Jill said...

Although you won't remember, the first time I met you was at Deseret Book. You and Dustin and Madison came in to visit Rick(who had been raving about Madison for some time). I thought, "Wow, she seems really nice." But when I think of you, I mostly just remember that you have always been so kind and inclusive. I most value your generousity of spirit and your effortlessly fun nature. Thanks for making me your friend.

Matt said...

Leah, you and I fought so much  (yes I used to fist fight my sister,she was older and had fingernails)anyhow I remember alot of battles that went from room to room, and slamming doors on you trying to avoid another face mauling. (You never want to get into a fight with with Leah, not even a verbal fight) If i was winning the fights Maybe I'd feel guilty about it but I don't!!! I remeber being at the top af Grampas stairs and him saying "one day you are gonna love each other and  be good friends"Also Leah was a huge tattle "mom, Matt is listening to AC/DC" ..one time i asked you what are you listening to. You said "bombtrack" turns out you were lying so I wouldn't tell mom you were listening to 311'Now this one is really messed up... Jimmy Balogh and I were asking you about what to expect in the sixth grade and you told us we would have to get naked for sex education.

Gary and Michelle said...

One of my favorite memories and one that we're still making is our kick boxing class. I love that your not afraid to go with me even if we sometimes look rediculous. (You know you can never work out your abs too much. :) I don't know if I agree with that one)
I also love how cool you are to my kids. Letting Emma hang out with Madi and being patient with Nathan as he knocks everybody out.
I'm glad we've become great friends.

Gary and Michelle said...

Hey, I remember that one time when you came over to my house and helped me jump my Tahoe. ( I still can't believe that I almost ended up with my driver side door missing.) And who new, but it worked. Now I don't have to feel like a woosie anymore.

Next we'll work on changing tires!