- Markie gets home from Iraq today!!! We're going out to the armory to welcome him and then having a big ol' family BBQ. I am so thrilled and excited for their little family to be reunited and especially that he'll be HOME.
- I decided that I DO want the same wood flooring that's in my living room to be in my family room. We'll have to remove six planks so that it will be seamless. It will save us money since we can't return it and we can't get rid of it. I think it's smart, Dustin is annoyed (to say the least).
- I started going back to Kardio Kick every week at the rec. center. It totally kills but I do enjoy myself. The instructor gives us a little pep talk every week which, I must admit, is probably my favorite part. I have to drag myself each time but I never regret it when it's all over and for the first time I've been shown ab exercises that actually do something... I'm still sore, but it feels great!
- The bug is up and running and we've been having a wonderful time cruising the neighborhood. The kids love it!! Surprisingly, we all fit in it quite nicely but only for short trips. It's fun and the weather has been so nice for cruising!
- We've been working on our backyard. I love our little backyard when the lawn is freshly mowed and the weeds have been pulled and we're all out there spending time together. It's our little piece of heaven and I feel happy when I'm in my pretty garden!
- I've got to start running again now that's the weather is starting to get nice. I've been so lazy and I've been maintaining a steady diet of fast food and Dr. pepper. I REALLY need to start running again.
- Went to Madison's open house last night. I'm really impressed for the most part. She's got an amazing English teacher who gave a great presentation of what her students will be learning this year. I felt inspired and excited for Madison. I left feeling that Madison's school has some really great teachers and staff and a lot of ways to keep the kids involved. Middle school is less scary for me now.
- The girls are all in dance again this year. Paige was the only one who took dance last year and Madison and Karley did Hollywood Kids. We love Ms. Jolynn and they are having the best time. I'm thrilled. Karley and Paige have both shown me parts of their dances and it's SO cute, I love to see them dance.
- Scott's been a little stinker lately or maybe it's me and I'm a little less patient. He wants to shut every door, push every button, and do everything by himself. He's always saying, "I do it". We're going to move him to a big boy bed soon and I plan on potty training him as soon as we get his new bed. Can't wait for that!!
- I'm loving the weather. I walk my kids to school each day and I'm enjoying the cool breezes, almost time to open the windows. I love Fall!! I'm looking forward to the holidays!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Another Day, Another List
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is so exciting for your brother and family!
We were going to go a little "fancier" with our floor in the kitchen but cut it for cost and I am so glad. Even though it is nothing special, I love that it is all smooth and fluid with no transitions.
I am excited for Fall too!(and running, I am WAY over due for that!)
I hope you had a good day with your family. That is so exciting. I like the idea about the floor. Tell Dustin that Brian can help! :)
I'm so glad you are back to the cardio kick. Hopefully next time we won't get the giggles as much. 'Cause remember..."You can never overwork your abs!"
Looks like you're a busy bee, but definitely a good busy. I am so bummed about missing Uncle Markers arrival, but you guys will have so much fun tonight! and Fall, oh the Fall, Ethan and I have taken up walks to a nearby duck pond lately because the weather is so pleasant here! I love this time of year for exactly what you talked about just the fun, the cool family evenings, and the peace that this season brings!
OK - here's my list:
* I'm happy your brother is home, too - happy for you at least.
* Dustin might be annoyed, but your floor will look SO GOOD!
* I MISS CARDIO KICK!
* I like the bug, too. It reminds me of simpler times....
* Come work in my back yard.
* I would say that I would love to run with you, but you'll leave me in the dust.
* Why didn't Karley come home with me last night while you went to the OH with Mad?
* I'm happy about Jolynn, too. But I got nothin on Zoƫ.
* Stinker = Adorable. Enough said.
* I'm walking to school tomorrow, too. Then I'm going on a nice long walk/jog (I was gonna say run, but who am I kidding?)
Luv ya - :)
I can't wait to open up the windows and get some cool, fresh air in my house:)
Also, I am SO jealous of your stay at the Red Rock hotel. I think that I am going to give my hubby a little hint that I would like to go there soon!!
That's so cool that Markie is home! I'm sure he's glad to back with his family!
I'm loving the weather right now too!
How exciting to have your brother home safe!!
I can totally picture you all in your backyard working, I can't wait for when we will have our own backyard to grow some things!! I love to garden but it is tough to do when you don't have one! :) I love this time of year too, when it starts to cool off and you can actually go outside without melting!! Maybe we can start meeting up at the park with the kids.
It sounds like you've got a lot to be happy about! New flooring is always exciting. i can't wait until Phoenix is in dance class, it's too cute. :) I have also been on the crappy food diet lately, I need to get my butt back in gear! Good for you for doing classes. BTW..I LOVE old VW's, I had a bug way back when, SOOOO fun!
Post a Comment