Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

SURPRISE!!!!!!
Dustin along with our DEAR friends and family threw a wonderful surprise 30th BIRTHDAY PARTY for me!

Dustin has been trying to surprise me for as long as we've been married. I'm not big on surprises but I'm getting better about it. I knew he'd try something but I had no idea that he'd be able to pull something like this off. I realize that he'd never have been able to do this without so much help from so many great friends (thanks Leslie) who helped plan and organize and invite and decorate and cook and....
all I can say is THANK YOU so MUCH!!!
Tons of pictures were taken... these were the best of the bunch.
I'll have to do a separate post of all the great pictures the kids took at the party!!


Spoiled!?! I know!
I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family and I can't help but get teary-eyed when I think of the beautiful and generous gifts that I received. I am the luckiest girl!
I had the best time!!
THANK YOU everyone for coming and wishing me a happy 30th! Thank you! I love you all and appreciate your love and friendship!
I posted a list of thirty thoughts below...
check it out!

19 comments:

Amber said...

That post made me smile. That was such a FUN night. Especially to see your reaction. It was the best!

Good times!! Glad we were there!

Kathy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH!! Looks like that was a great party.

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday!! That is so cool that Dustin did that for you. By the way I love your hair I have'nt seen you for a while so I don't know if it's new but it looks reallly good on you!

Gary and Michelle said...

Isn't Leslie the best! If you want something done, she's your woman. We had so much fun. Gary felt bad about tricking you, but only for a minute. So happy we're cool enough to be called your friends.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Such a fun par-tay! And even better that Dustin was able to surprise you!

Happy 30th!!!

Kourtney said...

I thought you would for sure figure it out, and I'm so glad you didn't. Actually I was scared I would blow it and say See ya on Saturday, or something. It was so much fun. You looked so cute too! I love all the pictures. I can't wait to see the pics the kids took.

Becky and Ethan+4 said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time and truly surprise! That is so cool, I am so happy for you I love the pics.

Emily B said...

You're gorgeous, Leah. I love the surprised pictures of you. I'm glad you had a good 30th.

Sarah and Val said...

It was a great party and Leslie did a fantastic job. We had so much fun. Our table was rockin' with fun.

Kris said...

Props to Leslie for a great party and Dustin for wanting to suprise you. Also, Amber putting together your blog book, that was great.

Brad and Leslie said...

This was so much fun! I love surprises, as long as it's someone else besides me. :) Luv ya!

Erin said...

Oh, I'm so sorry we couldn't make it that night--it looks like it was so much fun!!! HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, and congrats on all the loot! How fun!!!

Julie M. said...

Happy belated birthday, Leah! What a fun surprise!

Jen Rose said...

Happy Happy belated birthday Leah! It looks like you had a blast! I'm sad I couldn't make it but SO glad you were suprised! You look so beautiful! As always.

Rachel B. said...

Happy Happy late birthday! I loved your 30 things list. You're so open and honest and I love that! And your hair. It is darling! Seriously. That is totally how I want to cut mine once this baby is out. (I don't want my hair to keep getting shorter while my face and body get fatter.) Anyway, happy birthday!

scoot and sara said...

Girl you make 30 look good...I love your hair! Looks like you had a great birthday!

John and Heather Davis said...

Happy Birthday!! That is so sweet! I love the picture of your reaction!!

Anonymous said...

You sure look BEAUTIFUL for being 30!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara said...

It was so much fun! Thank Dustin for including us! You guys are great. I'm so glad we have gotten to know you!