Friday, September 19, 2008

This is where you'll find Dustin...

He's been working on his '63 bug every day after work. He wants to get it running again so he can cruise around in it. Wednesday he even got it started. He's so excited. It's been a good distraction while his finger is still healing.
He's been in the garage doing this...
...so his bug will someday look like this ..again!

15 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah!

Amber said...

That's awesome!

Kathy said...

I LOVED my '63 bug that I drove in high school. Then a stupid lady crushed it right before graduation. When it's all up and running, I want to drive it!

Sarah and Val said...

I had a navy blue '69 bug in high school. I had so much fun in that old bug. P.S. Leah, I kept my 'disguise' in the glove box.

Leah said...

Mom, that just makes me laugh!! I'm going to go and put my "disguise" in my Burbie! For all the sneakin' I do. Wait! Do you think any one will recognize my huge, green suburban?!?? HAH!

Sarah and Val said...

(All you need are sunglasses and a really 'good' fake mustache. And no no one will ever know who you are. Even in the big green burbie. Guaranteed.)

Kristi said...

Look's like he's having fun, I loved seeing his mom driving around in her VW van.

Kourtney said...

Good for him! Dustin and I shared many good times in that bug. Bumpin' the big ol' speakers like gangsta's...good times for sure. He's gonna have to give me a ride when it's up and running. Shot Gun!

Tyler said...

Kourt, seniority! I get shotgun! I think I earned it after having to drive Dustin to Seminary the year AFTER I graduated, before my college classes started, and sleeping in the back seat while seminary was going on!!! The back seat is roomier than you think..... :)

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I LOVE that Bug! You know we've always been VW fans! My brand new 1970 Super Beetle was one of my favorite cars ever (even though my current ride - my Murano - would have to be a close second). I'm older and the thought of driving a standard transmission everyday doesn't really appeal to me anymore - oh yeah, and the GPS and leather interior and the great stereo and the... LOLOLOLOLOL

Beth said...

What's he working on under the hood? Isn't the engine and working parts in the back of a VW?

Kris said...

It's up and running and you guys look great in it.

I love my 06 bug, espeacially the AC!

Tyler and Kourtney, you better check the calander to see who gets shotgun, and open the garage, pray and the remote!!

Brad and Leslie said...

Trevor wanted to take a ride with him so bad the other day! Karley was so proud to be cruisin around with Dad. Talk about here worship! I left a response to you on my last post. :)

laynenang said...

Hey, that's fun and now i know where a slug bug is to say it before jake. Ha! ha! i hope dustin's finger is healing well.

Tyler said...

Mom, don't forget the recliner...that was part of the deal too!