On the handle bars??? Karley just looked up at him like...Really, Dad, Can I??? Oh, this is going to be so fun!!
How could I (normally the voice of reason) say "no" to that!!?? She was so excited! By the way, I was scared for her, VERY scared. But... we rode home from school like this, all six of us!! People glaring at us with their "they-aren't-really-going-to-allow-that" stare!! (You know what I'm talking about) and YES, we are THOSE kind of parents who allow such things. I did it as a kid and obviously so did Dustin and look how we turned out.......right?.....
You know you are BEYOND tired when you can only get one shoe off and one leg out of your pants before you crash!!!Water+ trampoline+ no swimsuits..yet= two very happy little girls!
ahhh childhood!!We normally let her sleep in a bed but NOT when she's wearing her brand new shoes!!(we wouldn't want to get our sheets dirty) I actually have no idea why she's on our floor but so glad to see she's been doing a little scripture study!







18 comments:
That is so funny! That is how we did it back in the day. You know all those people that were glaring did it when they were young too. As long as you don't run into a curb, you're all good.
The pic of Scotty with one leg in his pants and one shoe on is so funny. And Karley with her new kicks sleeping on the floor- too cute.
I sure did fall off my friends handlebars when I was younger. Had to get stitches on my forehead. Don't think that stopped me though. Those were the days!! And I love Karley's shoes. Very nice.
Dustin has skills. Karley on the handle bars is one thing, but backpack, and Scott in the seat on the back, that takes skills!!!
Those girls love the water, good thing they live in Las Vegas! That picture of Scotty is too cute. It reminds me of the nusery rhyme:
Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John, Went to bed with his trousers on; One shoe off and one shoe on; Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John.
Your kids are so cute! Looks like you guys have lots of fun!
Oh my goodness! LOVIN' the pics! So funny with Karley on the handlebars - we've ALL done that and lived to tell the tale. That pic of Scotty half-way undressed - too darn funny (and I've actually been that way before, but that's another story...). Karley - HOT shoes!!! Such cutie-buttootie grandkids! LOVE 'EM!!!
Nothin like a good handlebar bike ride. I love spring. Why, just the other day I was running through the neighbor's sprinklers in nothing but my underwear.
Girls on trampolines! Girls on trampolines! Love the undies!
Leave it to Dustin to show his kid how to do something dangerous - I hope he knows that I'm counting on him to teach my kids that stuff. I'm not brave enough!
I love Easter...This was my first basket free year and I must say I'm a little sad! BTW Let them stare..whats life if you cant have a little fun!
Andy, let me know next time you are running throught the sprinklers with nothing but your underware on, 'cause I'll come join you! Great post!!! Just hope the Baby Center Mom's don't get this one! I really liked Dustin wearing the pink backpack!!! So Cute!!!! I also have fallen asleep both with one pant leg on, and with my shoes on with my scriptures next to me! Good stuff!
Your family is always doing something fun! Your kids probably love having such fun parents! I think at some point every kid rides on the handle bars- happy to hear that there were no accidents!
I loved riding on handle bars. And you're right, there's nothing wrong with us after doing it. I love the pictures of your husband with Karley's pink backpack. I've been here before (to your blog), before I had my blog. I loved your love story post. I adding you to my blog, okay?
Apparently I thought I had commented on this post. So here goes...
I love Dustin's new pink backpack. That wouldn't work on just anyone, but Dustin can carry it off.
That's awesome although I still have a really bad childhood memory of getting my ankle caught in the spokes doing that once. I'm sure you're thrilled that I shared that story, but that's what it reminds me of. I love all your pictures. I feel like some people get too caught up in making everything posed (sometimes myself included) and I love that you get such great action shots. They will all make for great memories.
OH ME OH MY! That bring back a bad memory. Of coase I did this often as a child, butone time I had my sister Jami on the handle bars and we were riding down Hacienda hill. Not the best idea we ever had. A car swerved to hit us and I put on the breaks and poor Jami went fling then sliding down the hill scraping up her whole chest.
My advice, dont do it down a hill and make sure that there are no punk teens driving in cars around!!!
P.S. I am going to add you to my friends list! Hope that okay.
you guys are the most fun parents ever!!!! My kids would be way too scared to sit on the handles of my bike because they know what a big clumsy dork I am! You guys make me want to buy another trampoline!
Your family is too cute! Its so great to hear from you :). Blogging is the best and thanks for the compliment :). Take care :)
Tyler, you're cracking me up!!! I'm laughing out loud to myself right now. I love Dustin with the pink backpack workin the bike with 2 kids...that does take some serious balancing skillz. Yeah, at least he didn't run into a parked car and bust up Karley's lip (like my friend did to me when I was riding on her handlebars back in the day!).
Love the pic of Scotty too--classic!
Post a Comment