Friday, April 11, 2008

Madison and Middle School


Madison brought home a paper a few days ago and said she needs to pick out her electives for middle school. Already?

It seems like yesterday I was taking her to her first day of kindergarten. I can remember the day so clearly. What happened? How did it fly by so fast? I can't believe we are already having to think of these things.


She wants to take beginning band and play the trumpet. I think she'll be great!

I'm not sure that I'm ready for this! Is SHE ready for this?? Middle school? This is serious! I try not to think about it but still, here we are...

13 comments:

Erin said...

Better you than me right now...I am soooo not ready for that. And I think it's cool she wants to play the trumpet! Still though, middle school is scary. Put on your brave face, Mom!

Matt said...

wow. Madison in middle school. I played trumpet for 6th grade .. wow time flies.

Brad and Leslie said...

Try this on for size - you know how I think ahead. WAY ahead.

When Trevor & Paige are in 5th grade, Scott will be in 1st grade. (right?) Karley will be in the 8th grade and Mad will be sophmore in HS. That's right around the corner! That thought crossed my mind as I watched Trevor and Paige on the playground this afternoon while I waited for the girls to get out of class.

CRAZY!!!!

Les

Rachel B. said...

Wait is that a picture of you in middle school or Madison? :) You two seriously are twins. How crazy that she will be in middle school. That's so cute how excited she is. I remember picking out my outfit for the first day of middle school. It was a denim button up sleeveless shirt and white shorts. I was pretty cool back then.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Maddie-Moo in middle school???? It doesn't seem like that long ago that I met Madison in a carseat in the back seat of the Ciera (do you remember that?)! I'm going to have a grandchild in middle school!!! Whoa Nellie!!! :-) Time flies, that's for sure!

Jerolyn said...

This is the exact comment I just left on a friend of mines blog about this exact thing....

booo hoooo (sob, sob) hooo, hoo, hoooo.(snif, snif) Whaaa haa haa!

did I mention we're in the same boat? Heaven help us...and them!

Emily B said...

I agree with Rachel - Madison looks just like you, Leah. And she's so hip. I love her glasses. I was not that cool when I went to middle school.

Kathy said...

Wow, that is hard to believe. Time really does fly. Next year at this time the twins will be picking their classes for HIGH SCHOOL and I'm already dreading it. They had to register for Seminary a few weeks ago and that felt weird. Cool that she wants to paly an instrument. Alyssa and Heather love band.

Amber said...

WHAT?!?!?! That is crazy talk. I can't believe it. But I am sure she will be just fine. And I think she will be great at the trumpet too!

Kourtney said...

I just can't believe our little Maddy is growing into a young woman! I still think 6th grade should be in elementary. Junior high should only be 7th and 8th. Seriously. What are they thinking?? She'll be fine, but she needs to watch out for all the boys who are gonna be flirtin' with her. Good luck Dustin! She'll need some shiney lip-tuff for her first day!!!

John and Heather Davis said...

I'm almost afraid to blink in fear I will miss something. It seems like our the children are growing faster then we did! Now the fun begins with making morning drop off and afternoon pick up to 2 different schools. Time to start up a carpool!!

Kris said...

I have already thought about next year when Madison won't be there for PE and Recess. Makes me sad. Glad Leslie figured out that Paige will be a fifth grader when Scott is in first. Now I know what I have to look forward to.

Sarah and Val said...

I remember when Madison would sit in a shoe box and Grumpy would pull her around on the carpet , like a sled. And now she is off to 'Muddle School'. Tomorrow she will be wanting to borrow the car. Slow down little Madison.