Four generations!
We took a picture when Scott was only 2 weeks old. We thought, now that Scott is older(almost 2) he'd be cooperative, but I guess not!
Although we were able to sneak in a super fun Disneyland trip, the real reason we went to California was to celebrate Dustin's Grandparents' 55th wedding anniversary.55 years!! How cool is that!?!
We also celebrated Great Grandpa's 75th birthday (April 12th) and Grandpa's 54th birthday(April 26th). Oh, what a weekend!!
We were asked to write down some thoughts or memories of these two for a special scrapbook. I've never scrap booked a day in my life so I wasn't prepared but I did bring pictures of our kids and was able to get those pages done. I'm going to work on our page but in the mean time here are just some of my memories.
When Madison was just a teeny baby Grandpa used to say, "Why, she's no bigger than a minute". We love that expression and Dustin and I still call Madison "Minute" sometimes because she is still "no bigger than a minute". Grandpa is warm and loving.
Grandma is the best cook and we love everything she makes.Well, almost everything cause the jury is still out on rice pudding. I'm sure it's just the best rice pudding ever but we're not sure if we're rice pudding people. Most of the recipes I have come from Grandma or her mother (who I've heard was also an awesome cook.) Everything just tastes better at Grandma's house. She makes the best Christmas candy and popcorn balls(which I had been missing out on all these years since I got my first taste this past Thanksgiving). Grandma makes delicious food.
Grandpa LOVES his family and when you sit down and listen to him you can just tell how pleased he is with his posterity. Grandpa bears his testimony when he comes to our ward to participate in priesthood blessings. Hearing his testimony is a strength to us and we really appreciate his example and his words of wisdom. We are lucky that he was able to confirm both Madison and Karley after their baptisms. Grandpa is the patriarch of our family.
Grandma makes the most adorable quilts and burpies for new born babies! I always look forward to seeing the quilts she's made. When I was pregnant with Paige we thought she was going to be a boy and I know Grandma had started a quilt for her. When she was born and was quite clearly NOT a boy Grandma made her a new quilt. Grandma is amazingly talented.
Before Dustin and I were even married I was invited to go camping at the beach with his family!His WHOLE family. CAMPING at the BEACH? Could there be anything better!!?? I didn't even know you could do that. I fell in love. It was so much fun and I had the best time. Grandpa would give the grand kids a dollar every day so they could go to the camp store and get a Popsicle or candy. Madison loved that. Grandpa makes camping fun.
Grandma is such a little busy bee. She is non stop and when we come to visit she buzzes around making sure we have anything and everything we could ever need. She is a great hostess but will always stay up late and chat with us! We enjoy hearing her funny stories. She always tells us to come and visit whenever we can. We love to visit and try to as much as possible because we always have so much fun. We always feel welcome.
These are just a few of the many reasons I love Grandma and Grandpa Great! "Great" being an extreme understatement. They are the most adorable, fun, generous people. Besides being the cutest couple ever! I have always felt very, very lucky that when I married Dustin I got such a wonderful bonus!
Happy Anniversary!
Love you!-Leah

10 comments:
What a fun reason for a trip! And I love all your stories & memories. That is the best!!
What a nice tribute. I could not have asked for better in laws. They have always treated me as though I was one of the children. They are definately "Great"!!
I only hope my Grandkids love me as much as you love yours. Very sweet!
I remember being inspired by Grandpa great's testimony. I never forget a powerful testimony. What good people!
My mom and dad are GREAT!!!! In every way!!! What wonderful words and pictures.
Sounds like you all had a great time. I remember when we went down to IKEA and stayed at your grandparents house for the night and how hospitable they were.
Great tribute.
We do have the best Grandparents anyone could ask for! Love 'em! I remember the first 4 generations picture when Scotty was just a little peanut.
So sweet. Well, done Leah
I've always felt so blessed to be in this family. We really do have so much fun together!!
Oh, sniffle sniffle!!! I'm sitting hear saying, "Oh, totally." and "For sure." out loud as I was reading this. I could not agree more with every word you wrote here. Chuck & Clo are such wonderful amazing people, I love 'em so much too!
And I'm pretending I did not just read the whole "jury's still out on the rice pudding" bit. Are you kidding?! Aunt Cloadella's rice pudding is as close as you can get to Grandma Garrard's, and ain't nobody messing around when it comes to Grandma Garrard's rice pudding! There shall be no smack-talkin' when it comes to the hallowed rice pudding.
Post a Comment