Dustin played Varsity Water Polo in high school his Sophomore and Junior years. He lettered and received an award for highest shot percentage. He really loved it! He also swam in the off-season to stay in shape for water polo. When he moved from California his junior year he was disappointed to discover that Las Vegas high school's don't have pools and there was no Water Polo. He was really missing it!
Dustin - Water Polo 1995
He has been searching for a water polo team to join since I've known him and he recently found a league that practices at the Whitney Ranch Rec. Center and UNLV, a week ago he went and checked it out.http://www.teamvegaswaterpolo.com/ When he got home he was BEAMING...
...kinda like this!!
We both crack-up at this picture since, as some of you have already noticed, he totally looks naked. He's not, but it's still pretty funny! It's kinda hard to look "covered up" when all you are wearing is a teeny Speedo. I used to carry this picture around with me in my car which totally bugged Dustin.
They practice 3 times a week but Dustin is only able to make it to 2 of the practices and he was even able to convince his brother, Tyler, to re-live the "glory days" with him. He is completely and totally lovin' it. He says he plans on playing until the day he dies!!The only draw-back is the expense of traveling for tournaments since there is only one team in Vegas, they would have to travel all over.
Dustin is so happy to be doing what he loves again and I'm so happy for him! Go Team Vegas!!

10 comments:
AAAGGGGGGHHHHHH! You just MADE MY DAY! MY WEEK! What a STUD!
Les
Love the post. I agree with Leslie, what a stud!! Maybe I should not say that since I am his mother in law. Dustin, I love ya, anyway.
Or was it Brad who said "What a stud"?
All I know is I was a lot less sore when I was 16-18 than I was today. My entire arm is sore! It was fun though. Travel is just too much, for now I'll settle for a scrimmage!
What a water polo fiend! You're lucky to have found a league here in Vegas (you'd think with all the pools around it would be more popular here!!!). Enjoy!
I love all the old pics. I remember many a day at the pool while you practiced and watching games. I'm pretty sure it was Pacifica that had a lot of hot guys on their team. Mmmhmm! Water polo ain't no joke! People may laugh at the Speedo, but they wouldn't be laughing if they tried to play! Now if you start wearing one at the beach, then we'll have to have a talk! Heehee!!! You're the man.
Kourtney is so right. You got to be a stud to play. Love seeing all the old pictures, except maybe that naked looking one, couldn't believe it when he brought that home. Always loved watching Tyler and Dustin play. Remember when Tyler coached after he graduated and he got kicked off the deck because he got real mad about a call the refs made against you, Dustin. Didn't Tyler get some award for that? Glad you found a place to play and I'll be watching again!
Our guys reliving there glory days!! Billy volunteers for the local High School so he can wrestle again....Whatever floats their boat right
I think that is awesome!!! Yes, the pictures are a crack up, and now where are the pictures of Tyler??? C'mon, Ty...we know they're out there. Good luck Dustin, I'm happy you're playing again!
Hey Leah this is Cherine, Brain and Amber's sis. I was cracken up at those shots of Dustin because he and I use to swim together in high school. He thought he was this bad A So-Cal swimmer but I soon showed him how we Vegans do it and tore him up. hahaha But I didn't know he was a water polo player...No wonder he wasn't that good! Okay I am kidding.. Good times!!!!
P.S You and D make beautiful Kiddies
Post a Comment