



I wanted to post a small tribute to my brother, Mark, who will be leaving for Iraq in just a few short days. I think sometimes it's easier to try and forget that our country is fighting a war because it makes living day to day so much easier. Most of the time I just go throughout life trying to forget about the troublesome times we live in. I'm guilty of giving little thought to the soldiers as individuals who put their lives on the line to defend THIS GREAT COUNTRY. I cannot express how grateful I am that there are souls out there brave enough, who are so dedicated that they would leave the ones they hold dear for such a cause. It is incredible to me that someone would sacrifice so much so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we cherish.
My brother is MY hero. I am so very thankful for him and his sweet little family in my life. I want to list just a few things that I love about Markie...
He is brave, He is dedicated, He is a hard worker, He is kind, He is generous, He is patriotic, He is loving, He is hilarious, He is forgiving, He is fun to be with, He is a good husband and a good father, He sacrifices, He gives much and asks little in return, He is a fabulous cook, He is a fun uncle, He is extremely intelligent, He is angelic, He loves his family and everyone who is a part of it, He honors his priesthood, He is a great example, He is committed, He is charitable, He is honest, He is always there for any one who needs him, He would give you the shirt off of his back, He LOVES his country, He is humble, He is helpful, He is MY little BROTHER and I'm very blessed to be a part of his life!!!
Markie, while you are away I promise to watch over "your girls" and look out for them and I pray that Heavenly Father will watch over you and bring you back to us safely and without harm. I love you so much and I just want you to know that I look up to you and I'm so proud of you. Stay safe, stay happy, and know that you'll be in our thoughts and prayers...ALWAYS! Love you!
13 comments:
What a wonderful tribute! We'll all think "good thoughts" to keep him safe!
That was so sweet Leah! We wish you the best Markie! Thank you for your sacrifice!
P.S. Leah, you are looking beautiful as ever!
That was so sweet! Brought tears to my eyes. All the things we take for granted for sure. Thanks to good people who are willing to serve & sacrifice a lot just for our freedom.
Very nice tribute Leah. It brings the war closer to us all when you know someone that will be serving and sacrificing for us. We will keep Markie in our prays.
Wow, that was good. Really good. I still can't believe he's going. I also try to forget that we're at war because it's easier not to think about it. We'll all have him in our thoughts and prayers. We'll be thinking of Victoria and Madeline too because they are sacrificing a lot as well.
Markie thanks for making the sacrifice so we all can enjoy our freedom!
Very cute pictures!
wow, that about made me cry. I hope everything goes well. Thanks for sharing that post with us. It's really sweet.
What a cool brother. Thank you from us, too!
A HUGE Thank you to your brother from the Stephens family also~what a sacrifice he's making for ALL of us. Best wishes to his wife and daughter also.
Your right mark has always been a charitable guy. I look up to him and the way he unites people. I enjoyed reading these comments.
That made me cry. That was so sweet! I'll keep him in my prayers for sure and really really cute pictures! :)
Beautiful tribute, Leah. He'll be in our thoughts and prayers also.
Markie is the man! Great tribute Leah! I know a few people at work who have been and come back, and some who are going. It really puts a face to the conflict. Be safe Markie, and when you get home get out of the water business and test for Metro!!!:)
Totally made me tear up. Nice tribute. Isn't sibling love wonderful?! I wish him the best and a quick, safe return.
Post a Comment