
I woke early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I was determined to have a "good day" today since my whole family (myself included) has been very sick all week long and I've been feeling a bit drained. Karley was already up and was sitting down stairs eating her breakfast all by her lonesome. I told her, "Grandpa Rick is going to be having a surgery on Friday what should we do?" She said, "OK, here's what we'll do, we'll fix him breakfast, ooh!, an omelet and we'll bring it to him before he has to go!" I told her that you aren't supposed to eat before a surgery and so she paused a minute before she came up with this doozy... She said, "OOH! OOH! OOH! I know!!! We'll buy him a GUITAR ... an ELECTRIC guitar... so that we can sing him a song!!! Karley was so excited and I could tell she was pretty proud that she came up with that one all by herself. I'm just surprised she didn't want to buy Grandpa Rick a 4-wheeler or a dirt-bike, one of her OTHER favorite things! She is a very thoughtful girl and I tell you if we could afford it ( and if that WOULD somehow be soothing to Grandpa) we would for sure do that! I'm sorry that we won't be sending over a home-made omelet or an electric guitar but we'll be thinking about you and praying for your speedy recovery, Grandpa!
After breakfast we headed over to the park for our weekly play group. It was such a beautiful day today, a bit breezy but it was so wonderful just to be outside in the fresh air! Scott had a great time pushing the dirt around under the playground equipment and the girl's played with Karley's soccer ball. They even wore their "soccer uniforms"( matching little outfits they'd put together) it was a good time. Scott spent the rest of the afternoon sick and I was so sad because I thought we were out of the woods, he had just thrown-up last Thursday and now poor little guy has the runs( and a burnt bummy!)
I had my activity days talent show tonight! I am so glad that's over, I've been dreading it for the last month or so and I'm glad to be done with it! Madison and Karley sang a duet and they both did a great job! I was so proud of them for going through with it!!! They nailed it!! Dustin put Scott to bed at 7:00 and I'm sure the little guy was exhausted since he hadn't gotten a nap all day! I'm going to unwind tonight by watching one of my favorite shows and despite the crazy day it ended up being, it was still a "good day"!!! Good night!!
After breakfast we headed over to the park for our weekly play group. It was such a beautiful day today, a bit breezy but it was so wonderful just to be outside in the fresh air! Scott had a great time pushing the dirt around under the playground equipment and the girl's played with Karley's soccer ball. They even wore their "soccer uniforms"( matching little outfits they'd put together) it was a good time. Scott spent the rest of the afternoon sick and I was so sad because I thought we were out of the woods, he had just thrown-up last Thursday and now poor little guy has the runs( and a burnt bummy!)
I had my activity days talent show tonight! I am so glad that's over, I've been dreading it for the last month or so and I'm glad to be done with it! Madison and Karley sang a duet and they both did a great job! I was so proud of them for going through with it!!! They nailed it!! Dustin put Scott to bed at 7:00 and I'm sure the little guy was exhausted since he hadn't gotten a nap all day! I'm going to unwind tonight by watching one of my favorite shows and despite the crazy day it ended up being, it was still a "good day"!!! Good night!!
7 comments:
What a sweet girl. I love her ideas! And I am sorry you had a bad but good day.
Thanks to Karley for her thoughtfulness. I loved all of her ideas. She could serenade me with "The Tide Is High" on the guitar (the electric one, of course) while I eat my omlette. lol What a sweetie! I keep thinking "tomorrow night, not food after 7." Yikes! Me and no snacking???? Gonna be tough, fersher!
I hope you're all feeing better soon! It sounds like you had a fun day despite the "sickies" though. That's good!
What?! What surgery??? Okay, Rick, you better be posting something to fill in the rest of us over here on the South side. For now, I'm just hoping all is okay.
And that's a total bummer about you guys being sick, leah (no pun intended!). Stomach bugs are no fun AT ALL. I feel so bad we haven't gotten together over track break--it has flown so fast!!! Sorry about that...I really am!
I guess I am glad I missed the Springs Preserve yesterday! Kiersten has had the runs because of her teething, so I don't need any more!!!! Hope you all feel better!
I would have loved to have heard those two sing. I can just imagine Karley's face when she was coming up with the ideas.
Karley is such a crack up! And poor Scotty with his burny bunghole. Youch!
What's up with you it's like you've disappeared from the blogging world??
Post a Comment