Friday, March 20, 2009

"I can wear LIPSTICK whatever I can do!!"

When Madison was a baby, a tiny baby, she loved "lip-tuff" (lip gloss, lipstick, Chapstick) Didn't matter...whatever you had, she wanted some. In fact one of the first things she could say was "I want lip-tuff" The girl LOVED "lip-tuff."
Once, she was being teased and frustrated she shouted, "I CAN WEAR "LIP-TUFF" WHATEVER I CAN DO!!!!" (translation: I can do whatever I want!) We all laughed hysterically! And we've used that phrase OVER and OVER.



Me, I'm not much of a lipstick girl. I've always considered myself a tomboy. Growing up, all I ever wanted to do was tag along with my brothers and get dirty. I'm not very fancy and prefer to be in jeans and a t-shirt and flip flops. My daily uniform.


There are definitely lipstick girls...and then there are lip gloss girls and I'm even below them... I'm a Chapstick girl.


A little tiny part of me has always wondered, "Could I wear lipstick, could I pull it off?" and "What about red?"


I'm not very brave but I've always thought red lips are so gorgeous. And I AM older now...but am I old enough? Or am I too old? Will I look ridiculous?


About the time I was having these crazy thoughts my sister e-mailed me and said that if I ordered a lipstick from Mary Kay in the month of February....


...It's a sign, that's all I had to read. I wrote her back and asked her to order me the BEST red lipstick she had.


And I love it!
Not on an everyday basis.
But I can definitely rock the red lips for a special occasion.


This is me and I'm actually on the phone with my sister talking about lipstick. Crazy, huh?

Proving ... once and for all ...that like Madison...


I CAN WEAR "LIP-TUFF" WHATEVER I CAN DO!!!!!

Oh, and black patent leather high-heels...

I can do that too!!

14 comments:

Kris said...

You definately can rock the red. Gorgeous lips you have.

Amber said...

Cute post! Your lips are the perfect shape for lipstick.

Marylin said...

Love the red!!! AMAZING!! Oh and the shoes, you better not wear those around me or I may have to trip you and take them while you are down!! Sorry that's just the kind of friend I am!! :) hee

Becky and Ethan+4 said...

The red really does look so good on you! Go Leah!!

Rachel B. said...

I love it! I most definitely cannot pull off red even though I am a lipstick girl. That looks great on you, although I have a feeling any color would look good on you. I love this post. That phrase is hilarious! Oh, and the heels...love 'em.

Jessi McCall said...

Oh how I envy you girls that can rock the red lips. I LOVE that look. Unfortunately, my lips look too big when I try to wear dark lipstick, and not angelina jolie big, more like scary clown face big. I think you're totally rockin' the "lip tuff"! The heels just complete the whole look. :)

Jill said...

LOVE the shoes, and the lipstick! I'ma chapstick girl too.

Joe Belanger said...

Va-va-voom!

Jerolyn said...

Dannnggg Girl...you are rockin' the sexy! You can wear RED LIPSTICK whatever you can do!

Kourtney said...

What's up Gwen Stefani?! You look hott! Oh how I love me some lip 'tuff.

Sarah and Val said...

That is pretty SASSY!!

Heather & Greg said...

You totally pulled the red lip stick off, and the heels, I love them! I'm definently a jeans, tee shirt and chapstick girl. The most adventurous I have gone is to lip gloss. I'm sure Dustin is Loving it huh?

Brad and Leslie said...

Nice. I'm too scared to do the lipstick thing - I'm definitely a lip gloss girl. Love the shoes though! Fashion before comfort I see....can't say I'm not guilty of them myself!

Kristi said...

I've always been a chapstick kinda girl too, but you totally look great with the red lips and those shoes are too cute!!