Tonight at dinner we had this conversation-
Madison: "I wish I had Karley's homework, it's so easy."
Me: "Yeah, but when you were Karley's age you thought it was hard. When you're in 8th grade you'll be wishing you were still doing sixth grade work."
Madison: "Ummm, maybe."
Me: "Every year your homework is going to be a bit harder so that you'll learn new things and get even more smart. And when you don't know something and you have to try really hard to figure it out, that's good for your brain."
Madison: "Oh."
Me: "Like Dad at work, every day he has to solve problems and figure out ways to make things work how they are supposed to. That's really good for him."
Madison: "Oh, and you, when you have to figure out, hmmm, how can I take Scott to McDonald's today???"
Every one got a good laugh from that one! That girl is SO sassy!
So that's what she thinks I do all day, hmmm. Well I've got news for her. Because sometimes I take Scott to the park or to the mall to see the clown and other days I take him to the library for story-time or maybe even to the water park and if he's really lucky I take Scott to his favorite place, the baby gym. But mostly we just try to hit up as many fast food restaurants as we can in a day because that's ALL we DO!

11 comments:
I'm dying laughing right now!!! That is SO STINKIN' FUNNY! Maddy is such a crack up! And that pic of Scotty with the ketchup- freakin' adorable!!!
I got your message too. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out!
That made me laugh out loud! That is funny stuff. :)
I am dying right now too! I love that they think stuff like that... being a stay at home mom is all about going to mcdonalds! love it!
So funny! Thanks for sharing. While I know I have plenty of sassy comments like this to look forward too, our girls have plenty of "what would mom do" moments ahead too. You never know, go to McDonalds might end up being the perfect answer.
That is just toooo funny! Well I guess your secret is out of the bag!LOL
Ha! Now that is funny! Love the sass! That picture is a perfect addition to the post.
What about all the time we spend watching soaps and eating bon-bons? And stealing signs from the church parking lot? :) That took some serious thought and calculations. Some days we have too much fun.
Our girls used to whine about going to bed and we'd tell them to hurry and go so we could have our wild party...because they were pretty sure that as soon as they were asleep, the party started. I love how kids think we don't do anything when they're gone to school.
Yeaahhh....that's right. NOTHING to do but figure out where to eat each day...That is the life, right?
That sassy Madison, love her. That picture of Scotty was perfect!!
OK, sounds like it's time for Freaky Friday!
Post a Comment