Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Festivities

We went out to Grandpa's school for his annual Fall Festival. What a party!!! There was a DJ, fun games, face painting, hair spraying, dance contests, a cake walk, pizza, kettle corn, and pie throwing at the principal. It doesn't get any more FUN than that!

Fueling up before hitting the carnival games.
Frankie, Scott, and Dustin
Take off your masks..oh wait!!
Dustin explaining something extremely serious and important as Frankie listens intently.

Scott thinking about all of the fun things he'll do first.
Landon and Scott getting down during the dance contest. These boys have some serious dance moves. Watch out!
Grandpa getting his groove on with the chil'ens.

Madison got to throw a pie in the Principal's (Grandpa) face. It's not every day that you get a chance to do that!! Grandpa is such a fun principal and what a great sport!!! Your elementary kiddos are lucky to have you!!


10 comments:

Jill said...

I want to throw a pie in someone's face! I've never gotten to do that. How 'bout it Rick? Feel like doing an encore?

Gary and Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm going to miss the chaos this year. Oh well, we still have the ward party.

Kourtney said...

That was so much fun! I got some good pics too, so I'll have to post them. My dad is a VERY good sport! Most principal's wouldn't be down like that! haha

Becky and Ethan+4 said...

Wow, I love Fall Festivals!!!! Looks like a great time was had by all!

Jerolyn said...

pie in the face? FUN!!!

Kristi said...

That looks so fun! What a nice grandpa/principal! I love fall carnival's my kids school usually does one, but this year they decided not to and we are bummed, so I'm glad you guys had fun!

Sarah and Val said...

I miss the old Halloween Carnival at Tomiyasu. We sure had fun.

Leah said...

Kristi Don't feel bad our school isn't doing one either! I would have joined PTA and made a stink but sounds like the decision was made long before school even started!! Pretty sad!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I'm so glad you were able to come. My PTA is GREAT and they work really hard for our teachers and students. I had soooo much fun and I hope you did too!

Emily B said...

This reminds of all of the fun parties Tomiyasu used to have, like a Halloween carnival and a Fourth of July celebration. I loved going to those parties at school when I was a kid.