Dustin, Kris and I ran in the GREAT SANTA RUN, a charity 5k, today to support opportunity village! My first 5k,(Dustin ran his first race last year with Rick and Kris). I wasn't even planning on doing it but Dustin and Kris both convinced me. I trained a whole 10 days. This was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I know all you runners out there may be reading this and thinking "a 5k??? No big deal" but let me just tell you for a girl who has barely done any real exercise except for a week here or a couple days there at the gym this was a HUGE accomplishment for me!! I did run track in high school but that was over 13 years ago. My original goal was to keep up with my amazing mother-in-law but I realized I'd be grateful to at least run the race without stopping or walking. This was a "fun run" so they don't time you(probably a good thing since there were people cutting through alleys to get ahead...CHEATERS!) Dustin had his cool running watch thingy so he took me and Kris' times as well as his own. Dustin kicked butt at 22:53, Kris came in at 28:57, and I finished at 35:37. I had the greatest time ever! AND... I ran the whole time! Thank you to Dustin and Kris for encouraging me along with all my family. I'm really glad that I did it I had so much fun and it was a great experience. Now I know why Dustin is always on every ones case to try it. Such a thrill!! If I can do it any one can, I really believe that!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
The Great Santa Run
Dustin, Kris and I ran in the GREAT SANTA RUN, a charity 5k, today to support opportunity village! My first 5k,(Dustin ran his first race last year with Rick and Kris). I wasn't even planning on doing it but Dustin and Kris both convinced me. I trained a whole 10 days. This was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I know all you runners out there may be reading this and thinking "a 5k??? No big deal" but let me just tell you for a girl who has barely done any real exercise except for a week here or a couple days there at the gym this was a HUGE accomplishment for me!! I did run track in high school but that was over 13 years ago. My original goal was to keep up with my amazing mother-in-law but I realized I'd be grateful to at least run the race without stopping or walking. This was a "fun run" so they don't time you(probably a good thing since there were people cutting through alleys to get ahead...CHEATERS!) Dustin had his cool running watch thingy so he took me and Kris' times as well as his own. Dustin kicked butt at 22:53, Kris came in at 28:57, and I finished at 35:37. I had the greatest time ever! AND... I ran the whole time! Thank you to Dustin and Kris for encouraging me along with all my family. I'm really glad that I did it I had so much fun and it was a great experience. Now I know why Dustin is always on every ones case to try it. Such a thrill!! If I can do it any one can, I really believe that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Way to go Leah!!! That looks like so much fun~sorta haha.
We are so on board for next year me Maggie and Katie!!!
good job! sis.
It looks like you had a great time. I have always wanted to do a run like that but I am too nervous. You sdid awesome though!! Good job:)
Count me in for next year!
Team DEEZ NUTS!!!
First of all, I can't believe it about the number thing!! Creepy. You know when I was taking that picture, I didn't even notice the guy's number.
What a fun race it was. Next year, maybe we'll have our running team, (Ask Dustin for details.
Team DEEZ NUTS, love it! LOL
Count me and Daniel and Hannah in for the team.
I was wondering about your race. You did good on your time! And looks like you had lots of fun too.
I was there in spirit (actually I was sleeping)! lol I'm totally in for next year. It was so fun last year but with my bum foot this year was totally out of the question.
Great pics too!!!
LOVE the shorts Dustin!!! I'll only run next year if you can secure me the number that guy had in that picture! Some of us have to work Saturdays, so as much as it breaks my heart, I probably won't be able to freeze my butt off and join you. But I will be there in spirit!:)
I love the pics and the good time. Not so much the running. I never even built up to a 5K when I decided I was going to be a runner. I'm more cut out to be a walker! Love ya - see ya Friday.
I am so proud...I ran a 9-11 5K in Basic and the Airmans run to graduate is a 5K and it no joke....I was in intense training for 6 weeks (Basic Military Training) and it still kicked my butt...congrats on your first run....have you gotten a runners high yet?? If in there next year I wanna do it too
Post a Comment