Wednesday, March 3, 2010

redrock...why did i ignore you for so long?

I love the mountains. Lucky for me we live in a Valley so we're surrounded by them. Any time we need a little adventuring all we have to do is choose the direction we want to go.

I've been to Spring Mountain Ranch more times than I can count and when we stayed at the Redrock Hotel for my birthday we had a beautiful view of Redrock but I've never hiked in Redrock, never even driven the loop.

When my family came to town for Thanksgiving some of us hiked in Redrock but Madison missed out and I loved it so much we had to go back.

Dustin shows off his climbing skills.

Actually he was never really that far off the ground.

Paige enjoys her pizza atop the sunbathing rock. Yes, we bring pizza on our hikes...it's much more satisfying than trail mix.

If you look close you can spy two little creatures hiding in that cave.

Karley feeling the chi.
Taking a little rest.

Dustin and all the kids climbed to the top of a hill.
What goes up must come down and that looked like the hard part so I just waited for them at the bottom.
I want to do a hike each month. I think with all the camping we'll be doing we'll meet our goal.

3 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

Great hike. What is the March Hike? Can't wait to go. I'll get the pizza.

Kris said...

So glad you guys took me on that hike. Amazing beauty we have right here.

Marylin said...

How had you never been there!?? Well I am glad that now you have discovered why I always loved going to Red Rock, I miss it this time of year!! :)