Sorry to bore every one with another post about sickness but that's about all we know right now! Last friday I went to the Dr. and found out I had tonsilitis. I'm still on antibiotics and feeling much better. Madison had to go back to the Dr. and was put on antibiotics for bronchitis, Karley's ear is doing much better and she's very happy to be back at school, Paige still has a runny nose but she's back at school and doing well, Scott had to go back to the Dr. on Wednesday for double ear infections and his ear drum also ruptured on Sunday morning. Dustin escaped this "round" of sickness, luckily!
Scott loves his binky but after the ear infections he's barely even touched it. This may be a good time to "wean him" from it! I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to give it up though(since it's mostly for ME, right?)
We've been feeling just a little couped up so we decided to take the kids to the mall and get out of the house for a bit. Madison with her new outfit from Build-a-Bear, check out the glasses on her doggy, SOOO CUTE!! She had a choice of anything she wanted from the mall(within a certain price range, of course) and this is what she chose! I just love the glasses!
Karley had totally worn out her skateboard so while we were at the mall we checked out a skate shop to see how much it would cost for a new deck. It was only about $20. so we left and I said maybe we'll do that for her for Valentine's. We usually just save stuff like that for holidays or special occasions but Dustin wanted to do something special for each child, so he talked me into it. It's hard for me to explain this but we barely EVER go to the mall and we NEVER say to our kids"just go ahead, pick out anything you like and we'll buy it for you!" It's usually more like "we can't afford that" or "not this time" This was going to be a special night! SOOO Karley got her new deck from industrial and right when she got home from the mall they went right to work getting it put together!
Karley is so proud of her new skateboard and she brought it to school for show-and-tell.
After visiting build-a-bear, Paige wanted to go and look at shoes! If any one knows Paige, you know she's a shoe-a-holic. Me and Dustin laugh because most "women" kick off their heels right when they get home from work, but not Paige! She gets home from school and walks straight to the closet to put high heels ON!!!
She spotted these "beauties" and just had to have them! Her very own "high heels"!! She tried them on and just started beaming. Dustin looked at me like "That's the gift, Don't you dare tell her no!" I'm such a practical shopper but tonight was not about being practical, tonight was about having FUN. I clenched my teeth and took her up to the register since she wanted to wear them out of the store. We were loving Paige's new attitude walking through the mall. I wish every one could have seen it, I've never seen her so excited or smile so big!
This has nothing to do with the mall since Scotty just sat in his stroller the entire time. He is too young to really WANT anything besides naps and food and fresh diapers. I'm sure he was just grateful to see the outside of the house just as much as the rest of us.I check on him every night before I go to bed and I just love watching him sleep!
I could just pull up a chair and stare at him all night! He's always in a different position and he's usually done something funny with his blanket or clothing or SOCKS! I just love sleeping babies!
I could just pull up a chair and stare at him all night! He's always in a different position and he's usually done something funny with his blanket or clothing or SOCKS! I just love sleeping babies!OK so it was such a great night!! Dustin is so much fun and I love that he has such a youthful spirit! The best part about the whole night?!? My kids were so grateful for what they had recieved. We asked them where we should stop for dinner and karley said "OH No, we are going home and eating ramen, you guys have done so much for us tonight!" I LOVE her! I know it sounds cheesy but my special gift was watching them pick out their new treasure and seeing how thankful they were! I know they won't forget how much fun that was and I don't want to forget either!
16 comments:
First one to comment! I win the prize! (Is it, by chance, a trip to the mall with Dustin's wallet????)
That sounds like so much fun! Lucky girls. Did you get to pick something out? I'm glad everyone is feeling better.
I don't know when I was in a mall last. If it's not at Target, I don't need it! LOL
How fun for all the girls to pick something special. Cute/cute pics. Paige in her foxy black tighties and her heels - absolutely the cutest!!! You go girl!!! (just stay away from the stripper poles!). :-)
I'm so glad to hear you guys are feeling better!
Oh my gosh! Paige strikin' a pose in her tights and heels is SO FREAKIN' CUTE!!! I still remember my first heels. I love Maddy's Build A Bear glasses! And Karley's new green deck is super sweet! She's going to have to show Brad some moves since he's really getting into skating. I totally know what you're talking about when you say you could pull up a chair and watch Scotty sleep! Kids are just too precious when they sleep.
I will post a real comment tomorrow. It's late, and you guys are too much excitement for me. Instead of going to bed, I had to check the blogs.....tomorrow is gonna be BAD!!!
Loved the story. Madison had told me about the trip to the Mall. I was actually also at the Mall that night. I love Build A Bear and had visited that shop. Wish I would have run into you guys. Sounds like a special night. I can just hear Karley say that, about the ramin! Paigey looked too darn cute in those shoes!! You two are a top notch Mom and Dad. Gives me hope for the world!
Tyler, I'm still up, it IS going to be BAD tomorrow!!
I'm so glad to hear you're all on the mend. Your trip to the mall looked so fun. I'm with Rick, though, if it's not at Target, I don't need it. Malls just aren't my thing. Looks like the girls got some real treasures and that they really appreciate what you got them, which is so impressive. Passing up eating out for ramen is just so cute. Thanks for the update and pics.
Karley skated up to me when I got home and she was beaming. paige is one of the cutest sprockets, say Hi to Dieter for me. /I loved going to the Blvd. mall as a kid this was before the galleria( white folks mall) as my friend Demetrius calls it. huge lemonades from hot dog on a stick and window shopping at doctors pets.
You better be back. I have missed the postings.
Cute kids and cuter pictures. (Oh, and cutest story about Karley and saving money on supper.)
Leah, Thank you so much for those sweet and very truthful comments about recent activities on my blog. And I did look at some of my "friends" blogs... and yes you are right. But you know a good mother should Always questions herself in order to stay a good mother. And I question myself constantly... but for others that dont know me to quesiton me really hurt my feelings. but feeling mend. and I am doing a lot better today. Again Thanks for the sweet comments. And I would like to add you to my friends list when I become private. So please email me your email address if you would like to me a Real new friend!
Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better.
Cute, cute pictures. What a fun trip to the mall. The girls look so pleased with their purchases. Build A Bear, a new green deck and high heels. Doesn't get much better than that.
hey Dustins hair(or lack there of) looks good like that! Glad everyone is on the mend. p.s. LOVE the heels!
I am glad to hear everybody is doing better. We avoid the mall like the plague, but we don't have a nice mall to go to. I have to wear my vest when I go to the Ghettos Mall, and that gets hot, so we just try to avoid it!! Great pictures as always! By the way, the flooring does look great in person!
What a fun trip to the mall! It sounds like everyone came home happy!!
Post a Comment