Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Our little sweet-hearts on Valentine's Day 2008
I know not every one celebrates Valentine's Day but I really love this holiday! I try to make it special for my kids so they know how much we love them.
Scott, Madison, Paige, and Karley in their Valentine's shirts. I know this won't last forever and someday Scott will say "you expect me to wear that?" but I love Valentine's and so I will do this for as long as I can get away with it.

The cute place-mats I got from Target. I'm going to use these every year to put their Valentine's on from me and Dustin.I like to get my kids a small gift each year on Valentine's. I usually get them a small box of chocolates or a cute t-shirt. I decided instead this year to get a box of chocolates from See's(nothing but the best for my family) for every one to share and since my kids are really into Target gift cards I got them each one except for Scott. He got a Valentine's Elmo book and a t-shirt.


Part of my gift to Dustin was a frame with different openings so I needed to snap some pictures this morning since I've been a slacker and my kids have all had runny noses.



Not quite sure what I'll do with the pictures yet or which ones I'll use but it was fun.

I just love Valentine's. I'm sure my neighbors must think I'm crazy since I was outside this morning in my robe and slippers snapping pictures.

One last picture before the girls head off for school.
Scott taking a break, exhausted from all the picture taking!


I hope every one is having a wonderful Valentine's Day. Take this opportuntity to tell every one you LOVE just how much you care!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy love day to you too! I love those place mats! Target is the best!

Sarah and Val said...

What a cute bunch of kids. Are Paige and Scott twins born many years apart?

Kourtney said...

Those pics are darling!!! Scotty looks so handsome with his hair like that! Precious! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Jerolyn said...

You are so clever! I loved reading your Valentine post...and those kiddo's of yours sure are darling!

Amber said...

They all look so cute! Happy Valentines Day!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! What a great gene pool!!!

Absolutely love the pics! Ah - door - ah - bul!!!!

Kris said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you all too!! I'm a bit late, only because I save the best for last! They look so cute in their Valentine shirts. The kids all have their own look, but I think Karley and Scott look the most alike. Funny how we all see it differently.

Sarah and Val said...

True, Karley and Scott have the same eyes and eyebrow area and Paige and Scott have the same nose and dimples. Some people are just the perfect mix and make the cutest kids. Leah and Dustin you are the perfect blend.

Tyler said...

you can't be parting Scott's hair like that!!! What happened to the mohawk?!?!?!?! :) Cute Pics!

Rachel B. said...

You guys are the cutest parents...seriously! I bet they love having such a FUN mom and dad.

And I love your love story! I didn't know any part of that, but loved reading it. Isn't it crazy how love hits people when they aren't even necessarily looking for it? "do you want to go make out?" That's hilarious. Smooth talker. :) You gotta make sure your compatible that way right?

Erin said...

I can't believe how much Scotty looks like Dustin!!! And he's looking soooo grown up too. Such cute Valentine pics--and I LOVE the placemats! Target always has some of the cutest placemats for each holiday. Methinks I need to get on board with that. Even if I don't decorate the rest of my house, at least my table will look festive.