Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

This is perhaps the longest stretch I've gone without a new post. I wish I could say I've been doing something productive or incredibly crafty or that I've been working on Christmas photos. Nope. That would be lies, big FAT lies. I've just been living life, very lazily, in fact. I've enjoyed a few holiday parties and done a little Christmas shopping but mostly I've been just enjoying the season and trying not to FREAK OUT.
We had a great time in Anaheim for Thanksgiving so, to update everyone, that's where I'll start.

We headed out with Grandpa Rick on Wednesday morning with 4 kiddies in tow. Made excellent time and only had to hear "Are we there YET" for about the last hour or so. Dustin left town after work with Kris, Riley, and Madison.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of popcorn balls danced in their heads.

...and there they are, a whole bushel of them!!! THE most DELICIOUS and DELIGHTFUL holiday treat. There are so many great things about going to Anaheim and visiting Dustin's grandparents for Thanksgiving and this is just one of them.
It's pretty high on the list though.
Paigey and Gracie.
These cute little Blondie's had tons of fun together.
Karley and Chloe.
I'm pretty sure they had a blast too.
Scott getting prepped for the big feast. He ate so many olives he wasn't very hungry for his dinner.
That's his best smile. I'm sure he thinks he's looking pretty handsome.
More olives.
Feasting on the best meal of the year!
Scott loves showing off for the ladies. He's probably putting on a show for Alexa.
We couldn't figure out who the extra plate belonged to at the table. OH ... Madison. She was in bed all day with a sore throat and a high fever and almost missed Thanksgiving entirely.
Thanksgiving dinner has the same effect on me. I usually want to wad up a blanket and lay on my tummy also.
On Friday we took a trip to Downtown Disney. Where the kids were spoiled with a new Build-a-Bear.
Madison and Karley outside the Lego store.

Building their Bears. Or koalas, puppies, and bunnies.



There's that million dollar smile again.
Scott dragged his box up and down the streets.
Paige, Karley, Mad, Bradley, Gracie, and Scott.
All loving Downtown Disney and their new Build-A-Bears.
We tried to get a new picture of the four generations. It's getting better.

11 comments:

Becky and Ethan+4 said...

Looks like you had a memorable trip, How fun!!!

Amber said...

I heard about your thanksgiving, but it is always nice to see pictures. The kids look cute all sleeping together. Fun memories!!

Jill said...

Okay, I totally want to smooch that Scotty smile. Love the little lip. What a doll. Looks like fun traditions. Glad you're back!

Kris said...

You got some great pictures. Probably the best four generation one. It sure was a good time. Love Scott's million dollar smile, so funny!

Cynthia said...

That smile is cracking me up. What a charmer.

Gary and Michelle said...

Those popcorn balls bring back childhood memories for me. My Grandma used to make the same ones. Great pictures!

Kourtney said...

Scotty and that smile- what can I say?! He's so dang cute! I'm glad you posted, it's been too long!

Jessi McCall said...

how lame and I that I've never had a popcorn ball? I'm gonna have to try them, they look great! Loved all the pic, although where are the pics of YOU?? :) I'm glad you had a nice holiday. I hope your Christmas is GREAT!!

the Dover Family said...

Love the pictures. And those "generation" pictures are so great. I have a 4 generation picture of girls. In a few (and I mean at least 5 or so) years I could even have a 5 generation. Crazy.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

What a fun trip!!! I always enjoy family get-togethers and being in CA just added to the fun (and you know mom and dad/grandma and gramdpa/grandma and grandpa great were LOVIN' it)!!!!

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving