Here are some things I learned about myself:
1. I love the mountains.
2. You should always pack P.J.'s.
3. I hate the cold.
4. I can start a fire.
5. I can cook dinner over charcoal.
6. My kids don't hate me or each other like I was beginning to suspect.
7. Life sure is much, MUCH better when Dustin is around..like a million times better!!! ( I already knew that though.)
8. The weirdest thing happened when I pulled out a book and started reading aloud to Madison. Peace-Quiet-Calm.... Karley joined us and my two oldest girls sat there quiet as church mice while I read. It was like magic. My kids love to be read to.
9. I love my family(I already knew that also) and I actually enjoy being with my kids and seeing their individual personalities. They are fun little people.
10. I am glad I did this and I'm thinking I'll start a new tradition...when Dustin takes Scott for Father's and Son's, me and the girls will head for the mountains.
On Wednesday Kourtney brought Bradley and Landon up and we had a nice visit. Dustin came up and brought dinner and helped me break down camp. I had planned on staying another day but I was easily coaxed into coming home with the promise of a hot shower and my warm bed. I'm weak,I know. We had a great time and I'm missing it.
The only picture I took the entire time we were there.

15 comments:
A trip to the mountains would be nice. Well, could have been nice -I didn't work on Wed and would have loved to crash the par-tay! Am I that far out of the cool loop?! :)
I'm totally inspired Leah! I'll be givinf this a try.
You are a brave woman!!
It sounds like you had lots of fun. Wish I could have come also.
Oh Leslie..that sucks! If I had only known you had a random day off I would have totally invited you to come and keep us company. I always want EVERY ONE around ALL the time but a lot of times I feel like I'm being a pest asking people to come and do crazy stuff with me. We're going labor day so any one that wants to come up for the weekend or part of it let me know!
isn't it nice to be away from all distractions! You really don't realize just how busy and distracting "life" can be until you step away from it for a second. Sounds like a sweet tradition. I look forward to creating some of my own.
What a fun thing to do! You are brave I don't know how good I would have been once everyone went home. I bet your kids loved it though, what a great memory!!
Making memories, that's what it is all about.
We had fun for the couple of hours we were up there. You are brave though, camping without your mountain man! I got some cute pics of Scotty and Landon playing. Of course they wouldn't look at the camera, they were too busy, but they are so dang cute!
Thanks for having us!
I agree with Michelle- You are a brave woman!!!
That was so fun. I wish I was more brave like you & I would have stayed the night....Or I would have had Dustin set up our tent too!
We want to come Labor day. So count us in!!
It sounds like you had fun, and that is what counts I also agree with Michelle You are brave!!
That is seriously a really cool experience! I think it is so cool all the things you do with your kids...I keep hoping that some day, when my kids aren't all babies, I will be brave but for now I will live vicariously through you! I am really really impressed, does anything phase you? I seriously feel overwhelmed all the time and I'm just at home trying to make it through lunch time!
You're just a mountain woman, aren't you?! That sounds like it was a fun time. As Grandma D would say "Watch out for the monkeys!" lol
I want to go too! This is why you are Wonder-Mom. You're getting a pedicure one minute then home putting together new beds from IKeA the next! and then cooking a healthy and delicious salmon dinner the next minute! You really can do anything!
Post a Comment