Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MoUnTaiN CHaR-LiS-ToN

Time once again for the Big Ol' family camp out with Dustin's family. Always a good time..but that's probably because we love camping so much! Lots of great laughs, good food, and fun family!


Dustin and Karley showing off their Mountain biking skills! Twin dare-devils!
You should've seen Karley leading a pack of little girls at ridiculously high speeds down the hills through the camp-ground on the bikes. After someone said, "Man, if they hit those rocks they'll BE DONE!" I thought maybe it's time to put the bikes up. I sure wouldn't want any of those cutie girls hurt! Brienna and Rachel had the biggest smiles after their biking adventure and I heard one of them say, "That was the funnest."






The kids at dinner time the first night we got there. I made foil dinners for them and you would've thought it was gourmet with all of the raving. Karley is always so sweet about dinner and every meal is "the best dinner she's ever had." I've already gotten a couple of requests to make them at home but you know they won't taste nearly as good. Something about camp food. YUMMM

Sitting around the ol' campfire and enjoying the warmth!



Madison and Katie. I'm so glad Madison has a cousin to pal around with that's her age (they're only a day apart) She has someone to talk about middle school with and all sorts of 11 year old girly stuff. She loves to see Katie Kaitlyn.

10 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

Love the pictures. And can't wait to get some camping in. Maybe August.

Rachel B. said...

You guys are so adventurous. We live here in Colorado and never do anything outdoorsy. I agree about camp food. There's something amazing about those tin-foil dinners. And everytime I see or hear Mt Charleston I think of this subsitute teacher we had at Tomiyasu names Mrs. Charleton. This is really mean, but she was really big and all the kids called her Mt. Charleston. Kids are cruel.

Marylin said...

You guys always get to do the fun stuff!! :) My husband needs more vacation days :)

Kourtney said...

Karley is so crazy! She cracks me up. I'm thinkin' she needs a mountain bike to take up there. I bet those foil dinners were good. You can always count on Karley to make you feel good with the things she says!!! (Today at the Springs Preserve is a great example! haha) Scotty and his messy dinner face- priceless. I still can't believe Maddy and Katie are the same age! Paigey was lovin' that hammock wasn't she??

Amber said...

That looks like fun. I love Karley how she is so not afraid to do anything.

Brad and Leslie said...

Oh I miss camping! Why does life have to be so stinkin busy?!? Looks like you guys had a grand time.

And I'll say it again - you and Dustin gave awesome talks on Sunday. I had to use T-Bone's shirt to mop the tears. :)

Kris said...

I remember when Karley was probably 3, I came over to your house and her comes Karley flying down the street on a scooter, her pig tails a flying. She is where the company got the name "No Fear".

Maybe we'll have to do foil dinners one night camping at the beach. One and a half more weeks!!!

Really sorry I missed your talks on Sunday!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

The pics are great! Good times, for sure!!!

Gary and Michelle said...

O.K. I finally signed up so I can comment. I know you are proud of me. The mountain looked like fun. Maybe someday you can show me how to do all this bloggin' stuff.

Jerolyn said...

Katie Kaitlyn loves to see her too...come over this summer for a swim ok?!