What? You love your stroller. So, I drove. I got the kids off to school and tried to start my laundry which I'm really trying NOT to hate! I opened some of Scott's new presents and enjoyed watching him play and get REALLY scared of the remote controlled cars he had gotten! SO funny! I needed a shower BAD so I set Scott up with some of his new toys. I thought I'd be safe and I made it out of the shower before Scott could really get into anything. I've mastered the quick shower thing. But... while I was doing my hair Scott was awfully quiet and he came into my room with an almost full jar of Vaseline suctioned onto his cute, little baby hand. Of course I reacted and because of this Scott reached up to wipe his cute, little baby tears away cause he was feeling really sorry by now. I cleaned him up and then I went to search for the glob of Vaseline he undoubtedly left somewhere. Found it! He left the mess in the girl's room. Always in the girl's room. Cleaned that up and then went to get him.
Time to get Paige and Trevor from school. Fed the kids lunch and put sweet Scott down for his nap. I was folding the clothes on my bed and I could hear Scott in his crib talking. After a while the talking turned into crying and then the crying got louder and louder. And then..... NO, IT CAN'T BE!!! He's coming out of his room. Yes, that's right! He climbed OUT of his crib and walked right into my room. I tried to get him to lay down on my bed knowing full well I was totally starting something I wasn't willing to finish. I NEED him to take his naps, especially now, so I have a chance to prepare for the next wave of destruction. He wouldn't stay on my bed and he never did take a nap.
SO PERHAPS I SPOKE TOO SOON!!
welcome to
the WONDERFUL WORLD OF 2
15 comments:
Oh my goodness!!!! It looks like you did speak too soon. Now that he's getting out of his crib...what to do...what to do? :-) Now the challenges really begin (but his is STILL such a cutie!!!!)!!!
Oh Scotty!!! I guess turning two did it.
Oh NO!!! I've been worried Landon might start trying to climb out of the crib since he just figured out he can climb up on the couch.
Is he scared of the car remote control car I got him?? That is such a crack up!!!
I can just picture his cute little hand covered in Vaseline too! Funny guy!
Oh man...that is too funny!!! I am only laughing because it didn't happen to me...yet:) I better knock on wood.
Ah, the Vaseline! When Christie was about six months old, Amber and Lindsay covered her in Vaseline. I found them under Mike's desk. That baby was water repellant for days. Sorry about the crib thing.
I hate it when naps are NO MORE!! I think ALL moms can sympathies with you there!
Dangit. I'm so dreading that. The crib has been the best little cage for so long now. Why do they have to get all smart and figure it out?
He is so smart. He must have heard you talking & he thought he would just show you!! Sorry.
Wellfocus on the positive - at least Trevor and Paige clean for you now! :) Oh, and the fact that Track break is lass than a month away helps too - four whole weeks! Then only 2 weeks of school after that - then another 2 week break! After that - THE KINDERGARTENERS ARE IN SCHOOL ALL DAY!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?!)
So sorry Leah! Just when you think things are going so well, you get thrown a curve ball! Even though he's a climber now, I hope he will still nap for you:)
It can't possibly be true that such a cute little 'innocent' sweetheart would do these things. I can't even believe it. Not Scotty who makes the cutest little monkey sounds and says 'gam-ma' when he sees me.
P.S. Time for a new post.
WOW! I didn't know Scotty could read, because he obviously read your last post and decided to surprise you! I hate when ya jinx yourself! Good luck!
Call me a bad parent, but when Rebecca started climbing out of her crib AT 18 MONTHS, we put her in a big girl bed and locked her door for naps and bedtime. She eventually learned that when I put her in her bed, it's time to sleep. I didn't cut out her nap until she was almost three, and I only did it because she started not going to bed at night. Hopefully Scotty will still nap for you. It's so ironic that you just posted about how you love that he stays in his crib.
Post a Comment