Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, DEAR Scotty!!

We celebrated Scott's 2nd birthday today! I can't believe that he's already two! We've enjoyed every minute of him so far, well almost every minute!!
Scott loves Elmo and he was so excited when we showed him his cake!
Scott loves birthday cake!
Scott learned how to say Happy Birthday for the special occasion except it sounds more like Happy Hahhhp-pay! He can't quite say that last part.

Scott, I wanted to jot some things down that you are doing right now:
  • You still sleep in a crib and that is so wonderful because your sisters all climbed out before they turned 2. We just look at it as a gift... from you to us! Thank you!
  • You love food. There isn't much you won't eat. You especially love beans and rice and ..."UMMM french fries?"
  • You love nap time and when I walk you up the stairs you say, "nigh nigh" and you lay your head on my shoulder and then I lay you in your crib you ask for your "geeky" (pacifier) and your "beeky" (blanket) and your puppy and you hold him in your arms and you don't make a peep.
  • You are getting so independent and you don't want to sit in a shopping cart anymore, only in the back. Other parents and store employees constantly remind me how unsafe this is.
  • You wake up happy and usually when I come into your room you are holding on to the rails of your crib and jumping on your mattress. You can jump pretty high.
  • You are into everything!!!! I can't turn my back for a minute, and if I do then I'm really sorry I did because you can destroy very much in very little time. You especially love to get into stuff in my bathroom... toothpaste, Carmex, lotion, and I've even caught you with q-tips sticking out of your ears. You keep me on my toes.
  • You love to follow dad around, especially when he's doing "manly stuff" like mowing the lawn.
  • You love animals, especially dogs but you'll hug any animal that will let you.
  • You love walking the girls to school in your stroller. Sometimes it's the only way I can get you out of the house! All I have to say is, "Scott, do you want to go on a walk and you say,"Troller?" and you come right to the door.
  • You love your family! Every one!! You squeal when daddy gets home from work or your sisters come home from school. You love your grandparents and you can say "Ga-mah" and "Bah-pa". We all love to give you lots of attention and every one just loves you to pieces.

We LOVE you, Happy Birthday!!

10 comments:

Kourtney said...

Happy Happy Birthday Scotty Man!!! I can't believe he's already 2! Just for me, ask him what sound a monkey makes.

Kris said...

Riley was just saying how she loves it when you walk in and Scotty sees you and gives you such a sweet greeting. You know he loves you too. You have been very blessed to have this little man. We love you Scotty!!

Tyler said...

It was a smashing party! Scotty is a riot! He's such a funny little dude! Time flies! I can't believe I need to plan a 1 year olds birthday party! Scary!

McNary's Blog-log said...

Leah that was so cute. How time flies when we are all having fun watching our kids grow. Your kids are beautiful!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Scotty. I'm so glad I got to know you a little better last month. You're a sweetie for sure.

Matt said...

scotty will love this post when he gets older. I said it before but I love how he lights up when he sees Elara!!

Sarah and Val said...

What a party!! So much good food and good present opening.

And Scotty doesn't even look that much older. He holds his age well.

Emily B said...

Happy Birthday, Scotty. I LOVE that birthday cake!

Amber said...

Did you make that cake? Good job it is really cute! I can't believe he is two already.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

FUN PAR-TAY!!! Scotty Scotty Bo-Bottie you are so darn cute!!! And already two! What the hey???!!!